Restaurant Host - Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire
After travelling down our beautiful driveway, you will find Champneys Springs settled amongst 31 acres of beautiful open parkland, our tranquil Leicestershire location is a modern take on a country style spa hotel. Our Springs resort is the UK’s first purpose-built health spa, and we continue to champion the best of health and wellbeing and the Champneys way of life.
Champneys Springs has 89 bedrooms for residential guests, and we welcome up to 50 day guests per day. We also have a club membership offering for those who live locally and wish to use our amazing facilities.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Restaurant Host to join our expanding team. As the prestigious and luxurious brand that we are, we are focused on wellness and wellbeing, our F&B also reflects this.
We have a number of outlets and are fortunate to be very busy, our Restaurant Hosts support the team by providing a warm welcome to all guests entering the food and beverage venues, assisting provision of a fine dining experience and monitoring the booking process for Champneys guests and ensuring a positive ambience of food and beverage venues.
Some duties and responsibilities include;
- Ensuring that all guest receive a warm welcome upon arrival for their meals, being pleasant and helpful to the guests without over familiarity.
- Ensuring that guest’s bookings are managed in accordance with the requirements and practices of the food and beverage department.
- Ensuring that appropriate menus and allergen information is readily available for guests for the meal periods.
- Ensuring that room service orders are taken as required and delivery of room services are managed for the meal period.
- Ensuring that the ambience of the restaurant is in keeping with the standards of the Champneys group for the meal period.
- Having a working knowledge of each day’s menus in order to answer guest’s queries.
- Informing the person in charge of any non-resident guests or club members using the restaurant (so that they can be billed)
- Dealing with guests comments and complaints initially and report these to the person in charge.
- Participating in the restaurant, bar and room service in accordance with the requirements and practices of the food and beverage department.
- Upselling where possible
- Assisting with the setting up and service of additional functions/parties when required.
You will have great attention to detail, be attentive to guests and thrive in a customer focused environment. Flexibility is important, you will be required to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
As a health resort we do not have a bar, which means typically our evening shifts finish around 10.30pm
Being the iconic wellbeing brand that we are you should expect benefits that match our simple vision; to make you feel happier and healthier inside and out.
Not only will you work in great company where we share and believe in our vision you will also have access to the following;
- Health, Wellness and Wellbeing incentives
- Champneys experiences
- App technology for all our essential forms
- In house social media connecting our Champneys Family
- Motivating, rewarding and engaging colleague events
- Discounted stays for you, your friends and family at any of our Hotels or Resorts
- Heavily discounted rates at our getaway Haven
- Complimentary Spa Day
- Exceptional discount on Champneys products
- Great discounts on our partner products
- Discounted membership to our exceptional health clubs
- Access to Learning & Development aimed at job satisfaction and career advancement
- Mental Health Awareness Days
- Merlin Entertainments Attraction
- Introduce a friend incentive
- Long Service celebrations
- Free parking
- Professional Uniform