Fitness Instructor - Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
About Phyllis Court Club
Phyllis Court has excellent facilities, superb cuisines and wines, relaxing riverside accommodation and friendly staff. Phyllis Court truly is a Club for all Members.
The Fitness Centre is fully equipped with a swimming pool, sanarium, gym, exercise studio and treatment room. The 20-metre swimming pool is light and airy with floor-to-ceiling windows. The 90 square metre gym is fitted out with the latest high-quality equipment from Technogym including rowing machines, cross trainers, treadmills, resistance machines and free weights. In the studio there is a programme of free classes, as well as paid six-week courses. Personal training sessions may be booked, and training programmes developed.
Benefits of a Fitness Instructor
- As well as the traditional benefits such as our pension scheme, life assurance and 28 days holiday each year, you will enjoy extra perks when you join the team at Phyllis Court.
- Perkbox (discounts at high street retailers and restaurants)
- Flow hospitality online training
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and wellbeing support
- Meals and hot drinks while on duty
- Complimentary parking onsite
- Uniform provided
- Friends and family rates for hotel accommodation and special event bookings
- Friends and family tickets for Henley Royal Regatta
- Staff socials and events
- Membership of the Institute of Hospitality (on passing probation)
- UK Healthcare cash plan scheme (on passing probation)
- Automatic enrolment in the Club pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Staff accommodation on request
Your responsibilities as a Fitness Instructor
- Opening and securely closing the facility depending on shift
- Designing fitness programmes for our members on request
- Have a positive approach to supporting the management team, colleagues, and members.
- Keeping the facility clean and tidy throughout the shift
- Completing consultations & reviews with new and existing members
- Completing all admin tasks to a high standard
- Assisting on the Fitness Centre reception when required to answer incoming calls and take bookings for gym, swim and classes.
- Daily monitoring of equipment and the facilities, completing weekly and monthly checks as required.
- Cleaning of the equipment and reporting maintenance issues as required.
- Monitoring the pool; testing the quality of the water, regular checks of the area and its users.
- To adhere to all health and safety and fire regulations at Phyllis Court Club.
Requirements of a Fitness Instructor
- Level 2 or Level 3 qualified Fitness / Personal trainer
- ETM qualification an advantage along with other studio class qualifications e.g., Aqua Fit, Pure Stretch, and circuits. You will be expected to teach classes on shift.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Organised and pro-active
- Friendly and professional manner
On passing your probation you will have the option to take on additional hours as a personal trainer to supplement your income. These are to be delivered outside your scheduled working hours and can be delivered to Members only.
You should have exceptional customer service skills, be a clear communicator and be able to demonstrate great teamwork.
The role is very hands on, so a can do, and proactive approach is essential and forms part of our ‘One Team’ ethos.
Thanks for your interest in working for Phyllis Court Club If you feel you have the required experience for this role, please send a short cover note explaining your most relevant experience and we will be in touch.