Commis Chef Vacancy - Full and part time hours available - Up to £10 per hour plus tips - Chadderton
We are looking for a Commis Chef to join the fabulous team at Boat and Horses in Chadderton.
What we offer our Commis Chefs:
- Annual profit share, ensuring you share in the success of the company
- 30% discount on food and drink across our pubs and inns for you and friends and family
- 50% off food when on shift
- Discounted stays in our hotels and inns
- A fair share of tips
- Wellbeing support with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Great opportunities to grow in your role and progress your career
- Access to JW BenefitHub, giving you access to a huge range of high street and online discounts
What a Commis Chef does at JW Lees:
- Prepare ingredients for a variety of dishes
- Receive and organise deliveries
- Ensure that stock is rotated and be conscious of Health & Safety in the Kitchen, working with the team to maintain & achieve 5* Scores on the doors
- Assist senior kitchen members if the prep and cooking of our dishes to specification
- Be keen to learn new skills and progress
- You’ll get the chance to shine, contribute to our success each and every day and our team will give you their full support to help you to rise to the top.
Where you will be working:
Looking for an exciting new challenge? No 2 days or ever the same and there is never a dull moment! Then why not join our team here at The Boat & Horses, Pub with Rooms. Rob & James lead the team and are passionate managers who lead their team and strive to develop all of their team members! We have opportunities across all aspects of the business from Kitchen to Housekeeping, Front of House to Night porters! We have also re-set up our entertainment plan and offer our customer regular live entertainment! (You can enjoy this too when you’re on shift 😊) Have no experience in hospitality? Not a problem as we love training people on all aspects of the job and ensure you excel in which ever role you decide to choose! We have a team of 60+ across the business and we are all 1 big family!! We have a large beer garden which overlooks the Rochdale Canal and the sunsets that we get are lovely!! We also have 50 newly renovated bedrooms, so we have shifts to suit a wide variety of candidates! We also have a large open-plan kitchen and run off full main menu, as well as having a Carvery offering, everyday!! We are open Mon-Fri, 7am to 11pm, Sat-Sun, 8am to Midnight. Make sure your next move is your last move!”
About JW Lees:
Proudly family owned and nearly 200 years old, JW Lees are the original modern, traditional brewer. With 150 pubs, inns and hotels across the North West and North Wales, we are passionate about great beer, fantastic food and memorable experiences.
We put people at the heart of our business, always doing the right thing and always sticking together. Our six values are at the heart of everything we do:
Proud - Savvy - Honest - Passionate - Personal - Together