Commis Chef - Central London
As a Commis Chef at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional culinary and kitchen team that will provide an extensive food service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces that are located in the hotel.
While this is an entry level position you will of course be passionate about cooking, with a working knowledge of kitchen operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality food production and cooking techniques so that you are able to support the senior kitchen team.
Do you have what it takes to be a Commis Chef at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Commis Chef is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only pre-empt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Commis Chef or Apprentice ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- Confidence in Kitchen operations and the order of service
- To be highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- If you are a recent graduate then a relevant culinary qualification to a minimum of level 2 professional cookery and food hygiene certificate is required for these roles
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars and restaurants will operate late night licences.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Commis Chef, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.