We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our very successful company as a Purchasing Assistant based at our head office in Hale Barns. The key objective of the role will be to purchase goods, materials and services to ensure the Operational needs of the Company are met, taking in to account price, quality and delivery to ensure continuity of supply.
As Purchasing Assistant, your duties will include;
- Purchasing goods & services in line with cost, quality & delivery targets
- Supporting the purchasing function and communicate any supply problems which may impact on the business.
- Preparing reports and updates as and when required.
- Reviewing opportunities for continuous business improvements.
- Improving prices to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best price practice.
- Preparing and raising purchase orders and delivery schedules.
- Conducting research for new suppliers & services
The successful candidate will have competent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively towards strict deadlines. You will be able to demonstrate problem-solving skills as well as a keen attention to detail. Competent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential to the role.
Full training will be given and an attractive salary.
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you & your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.