Leisure Attendant – Palace Hotel & Spa
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at one of the landmark hotels in Buxton, The Palace Hotel. The Palace is situated in over 5 acres of stunning landscaped gardens and is perfectly located on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
Palace Hotel Buxton offers a Spindles Health and Leisure Club that provides a fantastic range of facilities available for you to enjoy, whether you want to work up a sweat in our fully equipped gym or have a relaxing swim before a well-deserved massage. Due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit a Leisure Attendant onto the team.
As Leisure Attendant, you will be required to;
- Maintain the cleanliness of all leisure facilities.
- Supervise swimmers and intervene for rescue purposes in the event of emergencies.
- Carry out pool and spa testing and carrying out remedial action as necessary.
- Comply with all club standard operating procedures and emergency action plans.
- Book in beauty treatments and ensuring that all beauty clients are well looked after before and after treatments.
- Ensure safe and timely opening and closing of the facilities each day.
- Carry out all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning and maintenance tasks to ensure that the club is kept in a clean and well-maintained state.
The ideal candidate will have previous gym experience. You will need to hold a valid Pool Responder Certificate (or equivalent) or be required to complete your training before your employment can commence. Applicants must be hard working, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic, reliable, capable swimmers also preferably first aid trained but not essential.
Visit our website and view this stunning landmark Hotel!
This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.