Sales Consultant - New Chiswick Pool - Chiswick, London
Lampton Leisure is a new company setup to manage and operate the leisure services for Hounslow Council across the borough in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley. Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks, and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to make a real difference and an enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facility.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking to recruit a Sales Consultant responsible for driving the team sales, with strong customer service and sales skills and confidence when meeting new customers. The successful candidate will have a track record of success in achieving targets and motivating a team to achieve their targets every month.
The primary focus of the role is to build on the UK's strong market position in the leisure sector by driving sales in establishing a healthy multi-year opportunity pipeline and meeting monthly and annual sales targets. As one of our talented Consultants you will provide welcoming, authentic, and personalized service to our customers to achieve all service sales targets. The successful applicant will have great communication, teamwork, leadership, analytical skills, and a keen interest in the leisure industry.
- Be accountable for individual sales for an assigned centre and achieving an individual sales target monthly.
- Our sales team will be working within our leisure centres, all sales team members will have friendly, outgoing personality and genuinely care about helping others.
- Become a product expert, sharing your exceptional leisure knowledge and passion with customers and colleagues.
- Keep up to date with the latest fitness trends in the Leisure industry to share your knowledge with customers
- Maintain activity levels in all areas of telephone contacts e.g., Lead and Prospect calls, follow up calls, enquiry handling, enquiry response. 7 Day and 30 day calls and calls to ex members on daily basis
- Working towards set sales targets and meeting weekly and monthly KPI’s with the aim to exceed expectations
- Monitor and track all personal activity levels and sales results on a daily basis, using correct procedures and systems
- Negotiating, persuading, and influencing in order to achieve the best outcome
- Sourcing new members through a variety of methods including pop up shops, working with local companies, encouraging referrals.
- Understanding of all systems and POS procedures. We rely on you to ensure prompt and efficient sales transactions and full compliance. Ensure all customer details and the full sales process is logged on the CRM system.
- Be responsible for personal time management.
- Shift work includes late shifts and weekends will be required to the required standards and to achieve an above budget performance for the number of membership sales.
- Servicing the needs of your existing customers, looking at ways to improve retention
- Always checking in with current members to ensure they are getting the full use of their member benefits
- Deliver exceptional service to all customers and potential customers of the Centre
- Achieve KPIs and sales targets set by CRM and central support
- Ensure all customer sales and bookings are managed correctly, assisting customers in their choices
- Assist customers in weighing up their options, supporting the right choice of membership each individual customer
- Positively and proactively drive retention, adhering to the Lampton group sales driving and reporting procedures
- Manage Prospects database and contribute towards lead generation in accordance with marketing planning, including outreach
- Accurately undertake cash handling and reconciliation procedures and administrative duties, as required
- Assist in the development of programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers.
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the centre’s services, ensuring all information given is correct and up to date.
- Ensure that the sales area is secure and maintained to the required standards of cleanliness and repair
- Deal with complaints in a sensitive manner, promptly and politely in accordance with Company guidelines
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Ongoing professional development through attendance at relevant training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable experience working in the leisure or customer service industry, Ideally 1-2 years’
- Experience working as a successful Sales Advisor, Sales Consultant or Customer Relations Advisor, ideally 1-2 years
- Experience working in a customer-driven, commercial focused environment, ideally 1-2 years
- Experience managing customers’ needs
- Experience working at pop up stands / shops and traffic stopping customers
- Experience using a CRM system to log all customer details
- Experience upselling memberships to secondary spend products
- Experience in achieving performance targets
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Experience in working to deadlines to achieve positive results
- Must have good natural sales ability must be proficient with figures and basic calculations
- You will be a team player and collaborate with colleagues to ensure you deliver a service that puts the customer at the heart of everything.
- You will be confident in meeting new potential members and showing them the leisure centres and the benefits of joining Lampton Leisure
Personal Style And Behaviours:
- Well organized
- High energy, self-starter
- Naturally sales focus
- Good communicator with a healthy competitive team spirit
- An impressive professional attitude and presentation always
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Excellent verbal reasoning skills and an articulate presenter
- Good interpersonal skills including an ability to motivate, persuade, and enthuse others.
- Implement applicable Lampton Leisure brand initiatives and service standards in all aspects of the business
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Valid full driving licence - ideal but not essential
- Ability to speak other languages - ideal but not essential
Key Relationships (Internal & External) :
- Sales and Retention Manager
- Sales and Membership Manager
- Operations Manager
- Operations team
- General Managers
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Onsite Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discounts Onsite
Join the Lampton Leisure Team
Lampton Leisure are a proud to be an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and committed to promoting equality and diversity. We value the importance of differences within our organisation and in the wider community.