Maintenance Supervisor - Hounslow, London
Job Type: Full Time - 40 Hours per week
Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks, and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to make a real difference and an enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facility.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Supervisor for our Hounslow Leisure Centres. Your role will be to directly allocate, supervise and manage the work of the Maintenance Technicians, overseeing FM service providers, monitoring, and managing CAFM software and monitoring the delivery of tasks and assigned works, whilst ensuring jobs are delivered to a high standard and in line with Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
You are also expected to support delivery of Planned Preventive Maintenance, Lifecycle and Reactive Maintenance and to act as point of contact for external contractors and centres staff.
- Proven experience in FM sector with strong engineering background, excellent understanding, and experience in managing Planned Preventive Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance. Experience in managing and maintaining building services, mechanical, electrical, pool plant and HVAC.
- Significant experience in staff management across multiple locations.
- Experience in managing CAFM systems, including job processing and monitoring.
- Experience in managing and maintaining boilers, pool filtration plant, chemical dosing plant, air conditioning and ventilation plant. Trouble shooting and repairs of mechanical and electrical faults.
- Have proven experience of supervising a team in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental standards, and industry specific regulations. Desirable
- Must be prepared to work evenings, weekends, and bank holidays and when required to meet the needs of the service.
- Must be prepared to travel around the borough to various Leisure Centres.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work unsupervised, use own initiative and prioritise own work
- Experience in managing and maintaining boilers, pool filtration plant, chemical dosing plant, air conditioning and ventilation plant.
- Trouble shooting and repairs of mechanical and electrical faults.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent standard of Customer Service
- Able to establish good working relationships with colleagues and gain the trust and confidence of peers and managers. Required.
- Computer literate with good numeracy / literacy skills, experience in using CAFM software. Required.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Onsite Parking
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discounts Onsite.
Join the Lampton Leisure Team
Lampton Leisure are a proud to be an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and committed to promoting equality and diversity. We value the importance of differences within our organisation and in the wider community.
The closing date is given as a guide. Lampton Leisure reserve the right to close this position once we have acquired specific number of applications.