Swim Teachers - Chiswick New Pool - Chiswick
Join the Lampton Leisure Team. We set established high standards with our exuberant, friendly, driven professional approach across all our sites in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley.
Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks, and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to make a real difference and an enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facility.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for Swim Teachers with previous experience of working within a leisure setting to help new swimmers become, confident in their swimming abilities. You have will set and achieve high standards, of cleanliness and personal presentation as well as having amazing communication and customer service skills. Do you enjoy listening, questioning, and delivering effective feedback, quickly building trust and rapport with customers, children, and their parents? Swimming Teachers who can help our diverse customer base, varied age groups, in addition to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme and the centres skills. You will be responsible for the safety and skill advancement of the pupils within your care. If you have excellent class programming and instructing silks and teaching is your passion, we want to hear from you.
- Develop, organise, and deliver safe, enjoyable, high-quality swim lessons, whilst supervising and mentoring Assistant Swimming Teachers where appropriate
- Undertake sessions according to the programme timetable, ensuring classes commence and finish at the designated times
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers,
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions, responsible for equipment set-up, take-down and security, where appropriate
- Supervise and mentor ASA/Swim England Level 1 Assistant Swimming Teachers as required
- Carry out all administrative tasks associated with the position, including lesson plans, schemes of work, class registers and continuous assessment of pupils
- Assist in the development of programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers
- Comply with the Swim England Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct at all times
- Aiding swimmers of mixed ability from beginners to advance.
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Lampton Leisure Safeguarding policy
- Adhere to Lampton Leisure Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- ASA/Swim England Level 2 or STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming
- Current IOS license
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing, and training requirements
What we offer
Competitive Salary, Onsite Parking, Pension Scheme, Staff Discounts Onsite.
We can offer a mix of shifts which could include early mornings, evenings, and weekends (Eligibility criteria dependent on contract)
Apply Now Join the Lampton Leisure Team
Lampton Leisure are a proud to be an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and committed to promoting equality and diversity. We value the importance of differences within our organisation and in the wider community.
The closing date is given as a guide. Lampton Leisure reserve the right to close this position once we have acquired specific number of applications.
Employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check & References
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).