HR Officer - Cardiff Job Number
Cardiff Marriott Hotel, Mill Lane, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom Schedule
Job Title: HR Officer
Introduction to the Marriott Brand
Marriott International represents the largest hotel chain in the world. With a portfolio of over 30 brands and an occupancy in over 120 countries worldwide, Marriott regularly looks to grow and develop its global presence. It this alongside our vision to become, 'the world's favourite travel company', which allows us to expand our talent pool today. So if you'd like the opportunity to be a part of an ever growing, ever developing organisation, who will invest in your development, then apply today.
Introduction to the Cardiff Marriott Hotel
As the capital and largest city in Wales, Cardiff represents an attractive destination for both business people and tourists alike. The Cardiff Marriott Hotel is located in the heart of Cardiff and has a range of picturesque views which take in the Principality Stadium, Cardiff Bay and Castell Coch. These represent only a few of the activities available in the centre of Cardiff where there are other cultural and sporting institutions, as well as the Motorpoint arena and the National Assembly of Wales.
The Cardiff Marriott hotel caters for a whole range of guests by providing both a personal and friendly service, alongside our exceptional facilities, including our Market Kitchen Restaurant and our onsite gym. This alongside the exceptional transport links located on the hotels doorstep has allowed the Cardiff Marriott Hotel to firmly establish itself as a leading brand within the area.
The Role Itself and the Duties Involved
To assist the Human Resources Manager in maintaining positive internal and external relationships with both Associates and Managers.
Provide a consistent high standard of administration and non-administration support to the Human Resources Department to support achievement of the business goals and strategies for Cardiff Marriott
Main Duties Include:
- Recruitment: Co-ordinates and maintains the recruitment process to attract, recruit and retain a diverse management and non-management workforce capable of providing strong functional expertise.
- Total Compensation: Administers and maintains a total compensation structure for both management and non-management associates that balances the needs of the business with the ability to attract and retain the best talent and rewards great performance.
- Training & Development :Supports the property training business plan to ensure the delivery of new hire orientation, service training, compliance and safety training and leadership development training to all associates..
- Human Resources Department: Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the brand's culture and focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business results.
Qualifications and Skills
There are a range of qualifications, skills and characteristics we are looking for to successfully fill this role. These include:
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Previous user of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent typing speed and accuracy of spelling and grammar, layout and content formation essential
- Highly organized and efficient approach required
- Ability to manage varying needs and prioritizing to ensure best business results
- Strong attention to detail, initiative and driving for success
Progression and Benefits
'Open doors to opportunity' is Marriott's primary vision and as a consequence, the organisation is regularly looking to invest in its associates to ensure they are given the opportunities to grow and progress. To support this there are a range of benefits the company offers, including:
- Free meals on shift.
- Discounted stays at Marriott hotels worldwide.
- Free Car parking
- Training and development opportunities.
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th September 2022. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Joanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.