Media Relations Manager - Leeds
Do you have experience of building communications plans? Can you demonstrate how to protect and promote business reputation externally? Can you demonstrate supporting media briefings and updates to the media and investors?
We are looking for an experienced Media Relations Manager to join Asda's PR team who work to protect and promote Asda's reputation with external stakeholders. As an integral part of the team, you will support the delivery of the PR strategy for Asda's convenience, online and partnerships channels. Working in PR for the UK's third largest supermarket means no two days are ever the same, so if you are interested in a varied and challenging role, we'd love to hear from you.
- Build proactive and reactive comms plans to communicate key opportunities and highlight risks in the delivery of Asda's business activities in the online grocery, convenience and partnerships markets
- Provide expert counsel to the business on crisis comms issues - with support from other team members as appropriate
- Provide support on media briefings and the delivery of quarterly trading updates to investors and media
- Provide support to the Asda Press office as and when required
- Maintain excellent contacts with key media contacts at trade, regional and national level
Essential skills and experience
- Have extensive PR experience gained either in-house or in a PR agency
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in identifying, developing and implementing creative PR stories and campaigns that deliver impactful results
- Experience in crisis communications and issues management
- Previous experience in the grocery and / or retail sector would be an advantage
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- 5,700 company car or car allowance plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.