Shift Technician (Electrical) - Cobham, Surrey
Hours – 40 hours per week (4 on and 4 off)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
Chelsea FC are on the lookout for an Electrical Shift Technician to be on-site at our training ground facilities in Cobham. This is a great opportunity to join an established and proficient team, if you feel you have the right skills and experience for this position please apply!
Brief description and duties:
- Act as the Electrical AP for HV and LV for Chelsea FC working with the SAP to ensure that all electrical procedures are adhered to according to our electrical policy.
- Pool testing including supervision of specialist subcontractors and materials requirements to ensure that the equipment is always safe and fit for use.
- Ensure that all works is complaint with accepted engineering standards and with H&S guidelines.
- Supervise sub-contract PPM and reactive tasks at the Cobham Training Ground.
- Responsible for the alternate shift engineer issuing and checking tasks are completed.
- When required liaise with the senior project manager to ensure the safe delivery of projects at the Cobham Training Ground.
- Liaise with the SFM on sub-contractor performance.
- Provide technical assistance to the SFM and site teams.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Ensure that all company H&S procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all statutory tasks are completed and logged as per the PPM system.
- Assume the responsibility for all the statutory logbooks and recording systems. Ensure they are completed and filled in correctly and are audited with the SFM.
- Provide Shift cover when available and if possible.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Competent and qualified electrician/electrical engineer holding a minimum level 3 qualification (City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ).
- 17th or 18th Edition.
- BMS experience.
- Smart and presentable with a good attitude.
- Ability to work alone and to see a job through to completion.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Full valid UK driving licence.
- Minimum of three years working in a maintenance environment post apprenticeship.
- Experience in carrying out maintenance on electrical systems.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Forward thinking with ability to anticipate problems.
Nice to haves:
- Pool plant operator or management qualifications.
- Preferable experience with TREND BMS.
- Legionella (L8) awareness and or formal training.
- IPAF and PASMA.
- Formal qualifications in H&S a bonus.
- Electrical Authorised Person (AP) for HV and/or LV.
- Formal qualifications in HVAC and or mechanical systems.
All training and or qualification gaps will be filled by the provision of training to the successful candidate.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.