Chef - Hitchin
If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as a Chef. We're independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family - you'll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.
So, if you're as passionate as we are about delivering delicious fresh rotisserie chicken, along with chargrilled meats and pub classics then you could be our next Chef at Chicken & Grill pubs, an important part of the McMullen's family. We can offer you....
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on key Bank Holidays
- Great live in accommodation - if required
- A share of gratuities
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development through McMullen's GROW Programme if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who treat people as a name, not a number
- Full chef uniform
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can earn while you learn
Key Responsibilities of a Chef
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and in our Development Kitchen in Hertford.