Sous Chef - Potters Bar
If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as a Sous Chef. We're independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family - you'll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.
So, if you're as passionate as we are about delivering delicious fresh rotisserie chicken, along with chargrilled meats and pub classics then you could be our next Sous Chef at Chicken & Grill pubs, an important part of the McMullen's family. We can offer you....
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- Great live in accommodation - if required
- A share of gratuities
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development through McMullen's GROW Programme if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who treat people as a name, not a number
- Full chef uniform
Key Responsibilities of a Sous Chef
- Delivering the food concept to Company standard and exceeding guest expectations
- All aspects of food stock control including ordering, deliveries, stock taking and control of wastage
- Supporting the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen and deputising in their absence
- Training and developing the kitchen team so that they can reach their potential
- All aspects of Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance in accordance with the law and Company policy
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential. You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure.