Relief Chef Manager - Sellafield
Relief Chef Manager - Cumbria area
40 hours per week
5 days over 7
If you're looking for a career that offers flexibility, excitement, and progression, then contract catering could be for you! At BaxterStorey our career opportunities span industries from retail fashion to motorsport within roles across marketing, people development, sustainability, supply chain and more.
We invest heavily in training and development to give our people the confidence and industry knowledge to push the boundaries of hospitality excellence. There is endless opportunity to climb the career ladder (at any age or stage of your career!) and we offer over 500 courses across our business, from NVQ qualifications to our award-winning Chef Academy.
Relief chef manager required for the North, South and West Cumbria regions to support with chef manager holidays and absence working with small and large teams to provide breakfast, lunch and hospitality in the locations
Relief Chef Manager benefits:
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Meal on Shift
- Bespoke training and development
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays and cinemas
What would we like from our Relief Chef Manager?
Food to you is not just a simple life need, food is all about who you are.
- Your focus and desire is to work with the freshest and best ingredients and the closer you are to your kitchen, the better.
- You have the ability to work within a team, manage costs, negotiate and build relationship with suppliers as well as being compliant
- You will have experience within a similar role, strong supervisory experience and be financially and commercially astute
- Able to demonstrate your analytical approach to problem solving and have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
Relief Chef Manager requirements:
- Ensure that the location achieves the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
- Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
- Ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and that their food service and value expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Conduct Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures in respect of Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained
- Security vetting process and DBS required for the role
We are committed to creating an inclusive working environment. To be who you are without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a strength and you can be proud to be you.
Ready to join us? Apply today!