Kitchen Porter - Hampshire Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel, Southampton Road, Portsmouth, HAMPSHIRE, United Kingdom Schedule
The Portsmouth Marriott Hotel is looking for a Kitchen Porter to join the kitchen team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Porter wanting to ensure high quality cleanliness at the world leading hospitality company, Portsmouth Marriott Hotel. Located near famous landmarks such as the Spinnaker Tower has a range of amenities including: Cast Iron Bar & Grill, our signature restaurant and fitness centre.
The Portsmouth Marriott Hotel provides exceptional, personal, and friendly service whilst catering to a variety of guests.
At Portsmouth Marriott there is the opportunity to progress your career in a supportive environment!
As the Kitchen Porter you will...
- Operate and maintain the high standards of cleanliness through the use of cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor
- Support the kitchen management by receiving deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Follow all company, safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications
- Embrace the Marriott culture
A successful Kitchen Porter is someone who...
- Enjoys the fast-paced kitchen environment
- Is a team player
- Can communicate clearly (verbal, listening, writing)
- Is proactive, reliable and can support shifts including weekends and bank holidays
In return for your hard work, the Kitchen Porter will receive...
- Discounted stays at over 7,300 hotels worldwide!
- Discounted food & drink in all our restaurants and bars
- Discounts for your friends and family
- Free use of Leisure Club facilities
- Wellness and mental health programmes
- 20 Holiday days, increasing with length of service
- Double pay for bank holidays
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service
- World class training and development
- Unlimited career opportunities (internationally and locally)
- Half price cinema tickets
- Specially curated discounts in thousands of shops and discount in Swindon Designer Outlet
- Staff parties
- Free meal on shift
- Free car parking
- Service awards and recognition gifts
Given the current climate, we operate a Covid-19 safe space, with all correct PPE and social distancing rules followed, along with hotel and departmental Covid-19 risk assessments in place. Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.