Pastry Chef de Partie - 40 Hours - Birmingham Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Schedule
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Kitchen team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities. The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family. The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
To assist the senior kitchen team in supplying the highest possible standard of food to our guests at all times
Previous experience of food service in a similar style of operation preferred but not essential
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Flexible hours in line with business needs
- Must be well presented and have excellent personal hygiene
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificated
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Ensure that you have full product knowledge of all menu items and their service.
- Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public or in the Heart of the House
- To assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the organisation and control of all kitchen operations.
- To assist the Head Chef/Sous Chef in controlling all goods going out of the kitchen and purchases coming in.
- To be capable of taking charge of any section in the kitchen and running it competently.
- To be responsible for training commis chefs/apprentices and overseeing their work.
- To assist The Head chef/Sous Chef in menu compilation.
- To ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy at all times.
- To be capable of preparing dishes with a minimum of wastage.
- To be fully aware of the Accident Reporting Procedure. Maintenance Fault Procedure and Fire Policy.
- To understand how the hotel Health and Safety Policy affects your department and how it links in with the rest of the hotel.
- To respond and act upon any reasonable request by Senior Management.
- All Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than your contracted hours.
PERKS YOU DESERVE
- Free Access to the Leisure facilities
- Free meals at work
- Free uniform & dry-cleaning service.
- Free enrolment of Perks at Work- Access to unlimited deals of retailers and more.
- Marriott Discount Card enabling to benefits from hotel room, gift shops and F&B across 130 countries.
- 20 days holiday increasing with service.
- Annual Performance Review pay.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension & Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistant Program.
- Comprehensive Training and Development program.
- Awards and recognition celebrations and many more....
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.