Food & Beverage Supervisor - 10.82 per hour - West Midlands Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Schedule
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Food & Beverage team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities. The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station. Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre. Complimentary mini-bus and/or staff accomodation available for the right candidate.
To supervise the F&B team and to ensure all food service standards are adhered to at all times as per the standard operating procedures.
Previous experience in a Supervisory role in a similar style of operation preferred but not essential
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Knowledge of software e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel, Micros Point of Sale System.
- Excellent Organisation Leadership/Supervisory Skills
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Flexible hours in line with business needs
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To supervise all team members to ensure all shifts and or dining times (Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner) run with a seamless approach.
- To adhere to the Marriott Brand Standards within the F&B areas.
- To complete the F&B new starter training manual with all new associates & hotel Passports material within the first 90 days.
- To be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items that the hotel provides within the F&B.
- To operate the micros system effectively and handle cash /pay in according to company/Hotel procedures.
- To be able to effectively carry out the opening up and closing down of the department as per company/Hotel procedures.
- Prepare the F&B areas, ensuring that all areas are well stocked at all times, to include effective cellar management and control.
- Following instructions on all relevant Banquet Event Orders relating to F&B operations, paying special attention to the type of Event accounts and dining times/billing instructions.
- To set up F&B floor as per the requirements of the Banquet Event Order
- To maintain the cleanliness of all equipment and areas at all times
- To roster associates accordingly in line with the business, adhering to the hotels flex % target and wage budget.
- To support with the payroll process within the department including absence recording and payroll compliance.
- To train associates and maintain the F&B service standards at all times in particular through Passports to Success and relevant company training programmes.
- To assist the F&B Management team in carrying out regular one to ones and departmental meetings with members of the F&B team, demonstrating regular feedback to associates.
- To assist in action / strategy planning to enhance the department.
- To adhere to the Marriott Uniform Standards at all times and ensure all team members do so
- Follow all Health & Safety Procedures
- To attend all Marriott training sessions as required by the hotel, to include all legislative training and additional training provided by the hotel.
- All Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than your contracted hours.
PERKS YOU DESERVE
- Free Access to the Leisure facilities
- Free meals at work
- Free uniform & dry-cleaning service.
- Free enrolment of Perks at Work- Access to unlimited deals of retailers and more.
- Marriott Discount Card enabling to benefits from hotel room, gift shops and F&B across 130 countries.
- 20 days holiday increasing with service.
- Annual Performance Review pay.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension & Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistant Program.
- Comprehensive Training and Development program.
- Awards and recognition celebrations and many more....
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.