Project Manager - BodminSummary
In this role, you'll lead several groups of projects to deliver physical infrastructure projects investment across our commercial business, focusing on refurbishment and creation of new holidays cottages and outdoor accommodation across our South & Northern Ireland Regions.
You’ll be playing a critical role, enabling us to deliver on our commercial objectives, supporting creation of sustainable assets, providing return on investments and a more efficient delivery model as part of our National Commercial investment Programme. You'll be joining a creative and skilled team of project management professionals working in this space.What it's like to work here
Your contractual location will be one of our regional hubs of which there are several across the South regions. However, as the role will involve working on projects across the South of England and Northern Ireland, you'll be required to work flexibly and should expect to spend a proportion of your working week travelling to and working at Trust properties and occasionally nationwide for project and programme meetings when required. We appreciate this is a large geographical area and you'll have autonomy to manage your own time and the amount of travel each week. There will be an opportunity to explore and agree remote working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust.
This role will sit in the Operations team alongside a cohort of brilliant people. The Operations team lead for ‘Making it Happen’ and you’ll be well supported and connected to the people you’ll need to make the programme a success.What you'll be doing
In this role, you'll project manage several groups of projects that form part of a capital investment programme. Each Project Manager will be looking after a different regional area, so there will be a large group of stakeholders to manage and lots of lessons to learn and apply in order to deliver the projects on the ground. These three-year fixed term contract roles will involve leading and managing numerous construction, focused projects across a variety of properties.
These projects might include the refurbishment of existing holiday property, the development of new quirky cottages or outdoor accommodation, and properties to add to our portfolio of holiday cottages, working closely with operational colleagues. You'll need to apply all of, your Project and construction experience to manage contractors and design teams to deliver the quality spaces this programme is seeking to achieve.Who we're looking for
We will shortlist for interview on the following minimum criteria for the role:
- You'll have experience of successfully delivering end to end construction projects in the role of project manager including defining resources, leading tender, securing project teams and matrix management and managing both on-site contractors and consultants across multiple projects/programmes.
- You'll know how to use standard JCT or similar contracts including ability to manage on site contract administration.
- You'll hold a recognised project (APM PMQ /Prince) or programme management (MSP) qualification and demonstrate evidence of ongoing CPD in your career to date.
- You'll possess excellent communication, problem solving and influencing skills and be confident liaising with Senior Leaders, demonstrating experience of managing complex and contentious external stakeholder relationships.
- Prior experience delivering construction projects in a commercial environment, where projects are expected to a deliver strong return on investment, is essential.
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.