Project Manager - GuildfordSummary
In April 2015 a huge blaze gutted the house at Clandon Park, leaving it open to the skies. Our project seeks to bring the house back into use, creating a place to explore the history and making of a great house – you can find out more here.
We're looking for a project manager to join our team to deliver one of the biggest heritage projects the National Trust has ever tackled, and we’re bold and creative in our approach.
You’ll play a significant role in coordinating the planning and delivery of non-construction elements of the project including visitor experience, commercial and collections. You’ll also be happy providing project management support in the delivery of construction elements.
We're running an online conversation on 26th September and site open day on 1st October for potential applicants. For further information and to book your place please contact: Louise.Barcroft@nationaltrust.org.uk
Please note that the site open day has a limited number of places and is on a first come/first served basis.
Contract: Fixed Term – full-time up to 28/2/2028 with potential to extend
Interview Dates: First interview: 14th October; Second interview: 20th October
Another Project Manager (construction) role at Clandon is being advertised IRC127997 if you are interested in applying for both roles.What it's like to work here
You’ll be part of a thriving professional project management community in the Trust who deliver millions of pounds worth of projects each year, helping to realise public benefit from our charitable funds.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager (non-construction), you’ll welcome the chance to work with, and learn from, a passionate and collaborative team. This includes experienced project managers, curators, contractors, external consultants and specialists to ensure that the project is completed to a high standard.
We value diversity and we strongly encourage and welcome a wide range of applications across all identities and backgrounds.
We support hybrid working, including regular attendance on site as required, alongside working from home and from one of the Trust’s regional hubs.What you'll be doing
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advertWho we're looking for
- Managing the coordinated delivery of the programme for non-construction elements and ensuring integration with the construction programme
- Budget responsibility for elements of the non-construction programme
- Financial and contract management
- Procuring and managing specialist external consultants and contractors
- Inputting to client design reviews
- Production of reports for Clandon Project Board
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Enthusiasm for developing areas of knowledge and expertise to apply to the project including in relation to conservation and construction
- Experience of successfully delivering complex end to end project/programme management, including defining resources, leading procurement securing project teams and matrix management across multiple projects/programmes
- A recognised project (AMP PMQ/Prince) or programme management (MSP) qualification
- Evidence of ongoing CPD in your career to date
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills, able to confidently work with senior leaders
- Experience of managing complex and difficult external stakeholder relationships
Please include a covering letter describing how your experience relates to the above criteriaThe package
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.