Extreme Assistant, Sutton Sports Village (20hrs pw) - Sutton Sports Village
GLL is looking for an Extreme Assistant to join the team at Sutton Sports Village. You'll be involved in key aspects of the operational services across the centre including the supervision of the trampoline and play park, cleaning, customer service, maintaining safety, delivering first aid and much more. If you have the passion to deliver excellent customer service in a leisure environment, there's never been a more exciting time to join us. This role is a 20 hour per week contracted post, including working on weekends and evenings.
Extreme Assistants will be the sort of people who thrives in a busy environment and will be unfazed by the variety of the role. Our extreme assistant role is varied and could be doing anything from customer service and taking bookings to ensuring the general safety and cleanliness of areas and equipment to ensure our customers get an exceptional experience.
Ideally, you'll have a First Aid at Work certificate and be calm under pressure, highly responsible and a natural with people from all walks of life. Flexibility, punctuality and reliability are just as important as integrity, a can-do attitude and a real focus on customer service. Passion and personality will stand you in good stead too! What you need:
What you'll do:
- A can-do attitude
- A real focus on customer service.
- Passion and personality
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Be a great team player
- Maintain a good and positive image of the centre to customers and the public by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional operational service.
- To prepare areas and equipment for events/activities as appropriate.
- To carry out routine monitoring and non-specialist / basic maintenance of equipment and fittings as required, bringing to the attention of the Supervisor / Manager any faults or major repairs in line with company procedures.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective control of the day to day operations and service of events/activities, ensuring that security, general cleanliness, customer supervision and equipment checks are maintained.
- To prepare areas and equipment for events/activities as required.
- To ensure that all equipment is used in a manner consistent with safe working practice.
- To ensure that equipment is fit for purpose prior to customers being allowed to make use of.
- To ensure excellent standards of cleanliness at all times.
- To promote the facility in a positive manner to retain existing customers, encourage greater participation, and introduce new users to the stadium.
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else. In return, you will get:
- A full time permanent position - Change accordingly
- Industry leading rates of pay
- Discounted membership at our leisure centres
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- A fantastic pension scheme
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy A Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products.
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say in how we are run plus associated social events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Health assurance
- Career pathways, professional development are just the start. To ensure you stay at the top of your game, we provide training with practical and theory elements too.
As the UK's largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children's centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
To make sure we're having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you'll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.