Chefs: Enontekiö Finnish Lapland - LIVE IN!
Sous Chefs, Chef-de-parties & Commis Chefs: Based in ‘True Lapland’, we pride ourselves on offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences in an unforgettable part of the world – a real winter wonderland. Far from the mass-market ski resorts or Santa ‘theme parks’, we choose to welcome guests from all over the world to remote, wilderness Arctic locations in the very north of Sweden and Finland - making dreams come true for thousands of children and grown-ups alike.
A Typical Day in the Job
You will be required to produce hot and cold food in accordance with menu requirements, presentation principles, food safety and hygiene standards. You will ensure that breakfast; lunches and evening meals are produced to a high standard for all guests and also other colleagues. This will be achieved by working closely with the Food and Beverage team to ensure guest satisfaction is of utmost importance at all times.
- Ensuring all menu items are prepared, cooked and presented to company specification.
- Maintaining portion control and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum.
- Receiving and checking food deliveries.
- Assisting the Head Chef with orders, stock taking, food hygiene, training and development of the team.
- Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is maintained and is working correctly.
- Ensuring high standards are maintained throughout the kitchen.
- Removing waste from kitchen areas and depositing in the correct waste disposal units.
- Undertake any training and professional development as and when required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by your line manager.
Who are we looking for?
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven relevant kitchen experience.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Creativity and the ability to cook food from scratch using fresh and frozen ingredients.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to follow instructions and work to own initiative.
- Great attention to detail.
- A determination to work to the highest possible standards, delivering the client’s requirements at all times.
- The ability to work within a team.
- EU Passport.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary.
- Shared accommodation.
- Staff meals.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Reimbursement of flights to/from Lapland.
- Opportunity to enjoy Lapland excursions such as, snowmobiling & husky sledding.
- Airport transfers to/from resort