We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for a Night Porter to join the group at Leonardo Royal Hotel Southampton.
We are recruiting for a Night Porter to join our great team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to be part of a team that provides great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
Experience we are looking for -
- To have worked in a hotel or accommodation services business.
- To be able to work in a fast paced environment and to enjoy it
- To be able to work independently, being self motivated to complete the tasks.
- Flexibility- to enjoy working night shifts, seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends.
- Follow hygiene and cleanliness standards to ensure the Hotel is kept clean and tidy.
- To clean public areas- reception, bar, restaurant and toilets, and back of house areas, employee restaurant and changing rooms ensuring they meet the hotel standards.
- To set up conference rooms following the instructions and standards on the conference booking sheet.
- Have a visible presence within the hotel to ensure that all customers request and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Deal with guest queries and complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Conduct fire and floor walks to ensure guest security.
- To work closely with the hotels management team to ensure compliance with all hygiene and health and safety programmes.
- To assist in the smooth running of the food and beverage departments during your shift.
Why come and work for us
to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards – earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts – we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support