Food and Beverage Assistant
Hilton Manchester Deansgate hotel, located in the centre of the city is housed in the iconic 47 storey Beetham Tower. With stunning views across the Manchester skyline, this modern hotel features 279 spacious rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, luxury spa, contemporary ‘Podium’ restaurant and the famous Cloud 23 Sky bar and executive lounge which offers classic cocktails and wonderful views in a stylish and vibrant environment.
The hotel is centrally located and easily accessed by public transport with Deansgate train and tram station just a 2 minute walk from the hotel.
So, what can we offer you as a Conference and Banqueting Assistant at Hilton Deansgate ?
Starting with 28 days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays with us your holiday entitlement grows yearly increasing up to a maximum of 33 days with service (Based on full time contract)
The opportunity to experience Hilton Worldwide through employee and friends & family discounted hotel room rates plus 50% food discount
Free Meals while on duty
Reward and Recognition, through our employee of the month and engagement initiatives
Access to our Employee Assistance programme which provides support for mental health, medical concerns, and legal queries
Discounted Dental cover, we will offer you the opportunity to join our Denplan scheme at a discounted price
Access to 1000’s of exclusive high street discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal Hilton Marketplace
Pension scheme, we have you covered for the future with our auto enrolment pension scheme
A Conference and Banqueting Assistant is responsible for assisting with set-ups and seating as well as managing queries to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while contributing to meeting departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Conference and Banqueting Assistant, you are responsible for assisting with set-ups and seating as well as managing queries to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Conference and Banqueting Assistant will also be required to contribute to reaching departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Coordinate seating for customers
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Manage Conference and Banquet set-ups
- Ensure guests are billed accurately
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Comply with company brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets as part of the team
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Be environmentally aware