Your chance to join our accolade winning team in the heart of Mayfair!
Podium Restaurant & Bar as well as CC Bar are located on the ground floor, adjacent to the hotel lobby. Podium Restaurant & Bar is the main hotel restaurant offering, breakfast, all-day dining and our award winning Chocoholic Afternoon tea. CC Bar is a Champagne Bar and private event space for up to 35 guests.
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Salary - £37874 plus Service Charge
Free meals on duty
Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
Discounted dental and health cover
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
What will I be doing?
A Sous Chef, will work closely with the Executive Chef to manage aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Sous Chef will also be required to manage food provisions, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating Guest feedback
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Be environmentally aware