Wine Sommelier Position
Wine Sommelier – The Waldorf Hilton London – Homage Restaurant
The Waldorf Hilton London
is an iconic & historic London hotel built in the late 1800, located in Aldwych.
The hotel features 298 Guest Rooms, including 19 suites. Blending Edwardian “Du Siecle” with modern comfort. Our hotel sits in the center of London’s glitzy theatre district, just a few minutes’ walk from Covent Garden, The Royal Opera House and Trafalgar Square.
Guests of this hotel will experience first-class service, distinguished by an unrivalled commitment to a personalised approach. We ensure a comfortable, luxurious stays all our guests, with guidance on locally immersive experiences where desired.
Homage’s restaurant and Décor pays tribute to the Grand Cafés of Europe Renaissance, offering a high standard of Modern British Food. Good Godfrey’s bar & Lounge offers crafty & cosmopolitan cocktails as well as canapés and light bites.
The salary is £25,000 a year plus Service Charge
The benefits of working for The Waldorf Hilton London are huge:
Go Hilton rates so you can travel the world
Holiday pay increasing with length of service
Healthy meals provided
Laundry service and full provision of uniform
39 hour working week providing a healthy work / life balance
“You will be an extrovert who loves being around people and have the ability to engage our customers and promote our international wine range.
Your stellar communication skills will enable you to liaise with both customers and stakeholders with the greatest of ease, building strong relationships in both spheres.”
What will I be doing?
· Provide professional and current knowledge of Wine to guests
· Describe and up-sell Wine to provide excellent customer experience
· Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
· Ensure accurate billing
· Strive to achieve departmental targets
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Attend training provided by the hotel
What are we looking for?
· Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in London
· Impeccable grooming standards
· Excellent communication skills
· Passion and commitment to delivering exceptional levels of service
· Ability to work on your own or in teams
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!