Job Title: Laundry Assistant
Postcode: CB2 3DT
Shift pattern: 8hrs a day, 5 working days a week
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!!
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Come and join the UK’s best Workplace in 2021!
Hilton Cambridge City Centre is superbly located at the heart of Cambridge City. This modern hotel is a 5 minutes’ walk from King's College, Cambridge Corn Exchange, many attractions and the central bus and train stations.
The property features 198 stylish, contemporary and air-conditioned rooms and suites along with 5 events rooms for a total of 501sqm of total event space. Guests may also benefit from on-site valet car parking, the exclusive Hilton Honors Executive Lounge and the LivingWell Fitness gym.
In our dining area we serve a varied British and international food menu.an extensive breakfast buffet and in the evening our Bull & Bass restaurant offers a surf & turf inspired menu created by our Head chef. The Lounge Bar offers an extensive wine, spirit and cocktail menu as well as Afternoon Tea.
We are currently looking for a Laundry Assistant to join our amazing Housekeeping team in this fantastic property.
Working at Hilton Hotels you will benefit from:
- Free meals on duty
- Travel and food discounts: - staff rate hotel nights plus 50% off F&B when staying over (subject to individual outlets)
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Pension scheme
- Discounted dental and health cover
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Free uniform
- Secure undercover bicycle store
- Access to the hotel gym during non-peak times
- Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
- Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career with Hilton University
A Laundry Assistant is responsible for supporting laundry operations and providing pressing, sewing, and similar services to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience.
What will I be doing?
As a Laundry Assistant, you are responsible for supporting laundry operations and providing pressing, sewing, and other similar services to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Linen/Laundry Porter will also be required to manage and respond to guest requests. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Check uniforms for cleanliness and condition, carrying out minor repair work, if required
- Ensure support is provided to the laundry function when required
- Complete wash cycles, folding of linen and correct storage
- Manage guest requests in line with company brand standards and one call delivery deadline
- Greet guests in public areas and rooms in a warm and friendly manner
- Provide laundry, pressing, sewing, and other similar services to guests
- Ensure soiled and damaged linen is stored in soiled bags and disposed of correctly
- Maintain linen room and uniform store
- Ensure floors are stocked with the correct amount of each linen items
- Ensure chemicals are used and stored correctly
- Report maintenance and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation