Kitchen Porter - Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Kitchen Porter to work in our dynamic team at The Belfry, England’s leading Hotel and Resort. We have 319 bedrooms, Rosette standard dining, five food and beverage outlets, fantastic leisure facilities including our 20 treatment rooms & pool and of course, what we are famous for…golf. We have a really exciting year ahead at The Belfry, starting with hosting The British Masters in May 2022, and continuing with the launch of new training and development opportunities and incentives.
Belfry Kitchen Porters
Our Kitchen Porter team work closely with our chefs keeping our kitchens and equipment spotless. Our Kitchen Porters take great pride and attention in their cleanliness standards and it takes stamina and skill to ensure our kitchen teams have everything they need at all times. The Kitchen Porter team is the key to our kitchens producing the high-quality food that our guests expect from the Resort.
The on target earning potential for this role is £10.65 hourly rate, compromising of a base hourly rate of £9.74 plus a qualified estimate of £1.01 gratuities per hour
About the role
As a kitchen porter you will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Complete a daily schedule of cleaning,
- To clean all kitchen utensils, china, cutlery and other light equipment, storing such equipment in a tidy and safe manner, and to clean all fixed items of equipment in the kitchen.
- Cleaning floors and tables in the kitchen and preparation rooms, setting up buffets and kitchen service and carrying out other duties as necessary in a professional and efficient manner
Previous experience in a similar role within a busy kitchen environment would be beneficial however is not essential as full training will be given. The ideal candidate for the role will ideally have experience in delivering excellent customer service; possess a positive approach to their work and an ability to work under pressure in a team and on their own initiative.
Knowledge of Food and Health and Safety regulations would also be advantageous.
- Fantastic resort discounts that include: gym membership, rooms, golf, spa, food and beverage, and retail
- Meals on shift in our canteen
- Access to lifestyle discounts at high-street restaurants, retail outlets and days out
- We offer Wagestream to all employees, enabling everyone to track earnings, save, access wages before they are paid, and seek financial advice
- Healthcare schemes: life assurance, 24-hour GP, health cash-plans
- Team social events throughout the year