Sales Assistant - Edinburgh, Scotland
Hours: 16 hours per week
At Charles Tyrwhitt our purpose is to "Make it easy for men to dress well" and we can't do that without our specialist teams.This time, we're on the lookout for a Sales Assistant who will be working with Steven in our Edinburgh store. The contract available is for 16 hours. Candidates must be flexible to work across weekends and some week days.
What you will be doing
As a Sales Assistant at CT you'll be responsible for generating and maximising sales by consistently offering exceptional customer service. Customer service is really important to us so you'll be given expert product knowledge to ensure you are up to date with the latest store ranges and promotions whilst talking to customers. Not only this but you'll be expected to deliver high visual merchandising standards; ensuring the store housekeeping standards are continually achieved by using the tools available and adhering to VM guidelines Of course, there's also parts to the role that include processing deliveries, transfers and merchandise quickly, accurately and efficiently
What we are looking for
Previous experience in retail would be great but all we're really looking for is high levels of enthusiasm, drive and motivation with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ultimately, it's your ability to quickly build rapport with customers and deliver exceptional customer service that will make you a success in this role
What you can expect from us:
Our stores showcase the Tyrwhitt Spirit and we're proud of the product we sell, so we want our colleagues to showcase this to our customers, which means if you join us in a retail role you will receive a generous uniform allowance to ensure you're looking spick and span Colleagues who identify as male will be expected to wear CT product, however we're happy to let any colleague wear our product should they wish to. For those who don't identify as male and won't be wearing CT product, you will be given an allowance to spend on appropriate clothing for you and this allowance will be based on the number of hours you work.
As well as all the core benefits, UK Retail colleagues also get the following:
- We believe in teamwork and we reward it too! Valuable bonuses are paid quarterly when your store hits target. Teamwork makes the dream work - and fills the pockets too!
- We will help you get to work too! We have a great cycle to work scheme, relocation packages to support career development and we offer season ticket loans to those based in London stores
- We are serious about having fun at work. Each store has a fun fund to ensure parties, treats, social activities and team building events happen regularly
- Store opening hours vary depending on location, but we have part and full time roles in most places so you can find a shift pattern to suit you
- The Tyrwhitt Academy will take care of your professional development. Our training supports you with product knowledge, customer service and other training needs. We often share exclusive head office career progression openings with our retail teams; we like to grow our talent. We also have a number of apprenticeship level qualifications open to store colleagues that you can work through whilst still earning your full wage, so let us know if this is something you'd be interested in
Who we are
Once upon a shirt, Nicholas Charles Tyrwhitt Wheeler (whilst studying Geography at Bristol University - we might add) had the notion that he could make a better shirt at better value than anyone else in the world! He believed that all men; no matter their shape or size, where they may be in the world or indeed their budget; should be able to own a Jermyn Street quality shirt. A proper shirt. A CT shirt. That was over 3 decades ago and whilst Charles Tyrwhitt (it rhymes with spirit by the way) is still famous for proper shirts, these days we are about so much more than collars and cuffs. Our purpose is to "make it easy for men to dress well". We take care of a chap's entire wardrobe, providing stylish solutions for every occasion. We make sure he gets what he wants, when and how he wants it. Our spiritual home and flagship store is located on London's famous Jermyn Street. Our Global Head Office is in London Bridge, whilst we also have an office in Manhattan to support our retail and online presence across North America, Europe and Australia. Not forgetting our Distribution Centre and Contact Centre in Milton Keynes. At Charles Tyrwhitt we believe in doing the right thing. That means making our products properly and sustainably, making our business work for our people, our customers, and our suppliers and giving back to charity to support those in need. We're taking a good hard look at our social and environmental impact, and always looking for ways to be better. `I am Proud and Free to be me!' When it comes to our people, we really do "Give a shirt".Tyrwhitteers (our people) are a diverse, passionate and entrepreneurial bunch. We enjoy a fun, engaging and rewarding culture, where everyone is empowered by our 3 BE-liefs which are; "BE the BOSS", "BE the CUSTOMER" and "BE the BEST".