Restaurant Manager at The Farmyard £32,000 per annum plus troncThe Farmyard
A reimagined dairy nestled in the rolling Somerset hillside, our newest hotel project which houses 17 beautiful guest rooms within a newly renovated farmhouse with outbuildings. The Farmyard boasts a swimming pool, games room, honesty bar and 40-cover restaurant. Open breakfast through to dinner and using the finest produce from the estate, we cook in a wood fired oven and our chefs serve straight to the table. Seasonally lead, hearty yet humble sharing dishes with carafes of wine served in a beautiful stone barn, with relaxed yet high-end service and open kitchen.
Our Restaurant Manager
You will ensure a smooth and efficient running of Kitchen at The Farmyard. You will be confident, self-motivated, lead from the front and be passionate about hospitality. Your prime focus will be on guests’ experience throughout the department and how your front of house team delivers and upholds the exceptional service levels. You will be responsible for a front of house team of 15 people. Creating and ensuring a close working relationship with our Head Chef is key, as department fluidity is essential for our business.
Benefits: Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment
- Complimentary fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Garden Membership plus complimentary guest passes and access to our partner gardens
- 30% online shop discount and free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Access to free weekly fitness classes, including yoga
- Discounted hotel stays
- Family Estate Events
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Experience and Cross Training opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Ensure the restaurant runs in the most productive and efficient way through management of costs, staffing controls, sales analysis and forecasting.
- Ensure the guest has the best possible experience, monitoring and managing guest expectations and make improvements where necessary.
- Responsible for staff recruitment, training, development and retention. Team productivity, performance and presentation are key.
- Create systems to manage your team and overall presentation of your department to ensure high standards are upheld.
- Kitchen restaurant’s F&B offering is to moves with the seasons and are estate lead – liaise with kitchen and garden teams on a regular basis to ensure the best offering is always provided.
- Liaise with events team to ensure private dining and special events are executed well throughout the department.
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you and your team always look impeccable.
- Ensure The Newt’s style of service and ethos is always upheld.
- Previous experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel at management level for two years is required
- Confident yet approachable with outstanding leadership skills
- Great time management, self-motivating and driven
- Great business acumen
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Microsoft Office and good tech skills
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300-year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquillity.
Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers.