Product Data Administrator - Bruton, Somerset
£25,000 per annum plus fantastic beneftis
The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a truly unique destination with two distinct sides.
It is a country estate with ancient woodland, historic gardens with far-reaching views, a luxury hotel, spa and restaurants. Attracting some 200,000 visitors per year from all over the world, our vibrant and thriving garden attraction is animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and educational programmes.
The Newt in Somerset is also a fine quality food & drinks brand, offering fresh produce including, fruit and vegetables, dairy, meat, bakery products, cyder and apple juice from our estate in Somerset.
Ecommerce and Retail
The E-commerce & Retail division is a revenue-generating part of the business which is behind developing, promoting and growing The Newt in Somerset as a fine-quality food & beverage brand. Offering a best-in-class experience is of upmost importance. This is achieved through a full vertically-integrated consumer proposition and operation which offers tight quality control across all phases of product delivery.
About the role
Our Product Data Administrator will be responsible for managing the whole lifecycle of product information across our retail catalogue. The role holder will be the first touch point for all new products added to the range and will ensure data integrity and accuracy across multiple systems and timely update product information when changes are required.
Reporting to the Supply and Procurement Manager, the role holder will be working in close coordination with both Product and Marketing teams to maintain product content updated across backend systems and the online store.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiling all essential data attributes of products, including supplier information, inventory & warehousing information, identifiers & barcodes, costs and prices
- Assigning correct taxonomy, specification and classification information across products
- Liaising with copywriter and creative colleagues to update product description and media information such as images and videos
- Managing grouping of product variants, their configurations and bundling
- Creating new products via bulk import or adding manually to systems of records
- Mapping catalogue products to suppliers product across Ecommerce and ERP software systems
- Editing and updating product information when changes or additions required
- Managing of product relations: assigning related, cross-sell and up-sell products
- Mapping products to editorial content across Ecommerce websites
- Managing product price information, including special and tiered prices
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High attention to details, especially working with large sets of data
- Good proficiency working with structured data in spreadsheets
- Content copywriting experience (GCSE A-B level in English is highly preferable)
- Experience working with online Content Management Systems
- Strong communication skills working and ability to work collaboratively
- Passion for creating high-quality content and keeping information accurate and up-to-date
- Ability to work using your own initiative
- Experience in a similar role in Digital, Ecommerce or Marketing is highly preferable
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual performance bonus
- 30% discount on online shop plus free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Garden Membership
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities