Childcare Assistant, Bromley Borough
Position: Childcare Assistants
Locations: [Penge, Hayes, Beckenham, Sydenham]
Job Type: [Part time/Flexible], Term time (38 weeks) Top up hours available through other roles throughout the business
Pay (per hour): 9.50
In this role you will develop your skills and knowledge in providing a caring, safe and secure environment for children to learn and develop through a variety of play opportunities. You will learn how to assist in planning and providing an appropriate range of leisure activities for children between the ages of 4 and 11.
These roles are part time, but if you're looking to increase your hours we have a wide variety of roles around the business outside of your club hours, Including: soft play, day camps, swim and more!
What skills we are looking for:
- A willingness to learn and develop;
- Demonstrate a passion for providing children with positive experiences;
- Professional attitude and desire to deliver an excellent childcare service;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to appropriately promote the positive behaviour of children where necessary;
- Energetic and enthusiastic;
- A can-do attitude and a real focus on customer service;
- Flexibility is essential to meet the needs of the business, you will be required from 7am-9am and from 2:45pm - 6pm (term time only)
Your Main duties:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering a variety of quality play opportunities
- Consulting with children and involving them in the planned activities
- Setting up play spaces, with appropriate play cues. This will include moving furniture and play equipment
- Supporting with collection and delivery of children safely between school and the childcare setting
- Providing refreshments including hot and cold snacks to children whilst promoting children's positive behaviour and involvement
- Ensuring good hygiene, health and safety standards are met
- Administering first aid when necessary
- To be a designated key worker to a number of children, this will involve talking to parents and teachers about key children's needs and progress
- Support with club administration when required.
- To respond to safeguarding concerns and report any and all concerns to your line manager
- Undertake appropriate training and adhere to company policy and procedures
- Level 2 or 3 childcare/play work relevant Qualification
- Food Hygiene certificate
- Paediatric First Aid
- Safeguarding Children
In return you get to work for a great company with likeminded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
*50% discount on any MTA breakfast and after school club service for your children
**.**Free Leisure & Golf membership for you and one other;
Holiday purchase scheme;(specific locations only - see website of list of MTA breakfast and after school club settings) 10% off food and beverage and free hot drinks; *Exceptional achievement award scheme;
*Employee discount & Pension scheme;
If you would like to be part of an award winning leisure trust and exciting childcare team then we would like to meet you.
Please send your full CV stating **** the area and position in the subject line.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.