Lifeguard Supervisor - Crouch End, London
Are you responsible, dedicated and experienced in leading a team? Are you looking to break into the Leisure industry?
We’re looking for a competent Lifeguard to join us as a Supervisor. You’ll act as the right hand person to the Operations Manager, overseeing the existing team, ensuring the health and safety of our members and making sure that all our poolside activities are promoted and run effectively.
- Responsible for making sure all Health & Safety poolside checks are monitored and proactively carried out daily, ensuring all necessary records are updated and completed, and the company standard is maintained to the highest level.
- Supporting the Service (duty) manager and taking on the occasional Service Manager shift.
- Responsible for the monthly rota and weekly payroll
- Lifeguard duties including supervision of our members within the pool & surrounding areas, to ensure safety at all times.
- Responsible for the supervision and motivation of the lifeguard team by supporting and encouraging development.
- Enthusiastically engage with our members, providing a great customer service and representation of the Club.
- Taking pride in poolside surroundings, by conducting cleaning duties to ensure safety, hygiene & pleasant area at all times.
- Additional activities to support club operation where required.
What we can’t live without…
Confident in your swimming ability and to ensure our swimmers are safe and happy at all times; you’re also keen to make the most of your qualifications (once you’ve passed the course with us) and your experience in a quality driven environment.
Specific requirements of successful candidate:
- Previous team leadership experience.
- Strong swimming ability is a must and willingness to take the course (we’ll fund this) or;
- Current Lifeguard qualification and fully registered with either:
o RLSS- IQL National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
o HABC Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding (QCF).
o STA Professional Award for Pool Lifeguard (QCF)
- Strong communication skills and experience in a customer facing environment and able to respond appropriately and efficiently to member feedback.
- A friendly, calm and approachable nature with the ability to act quickly and effectively, should the need arise.
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 30 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Pension contributions
- Salary Finance – financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme