Accounts Assistant - Forest Row, East Sussex
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to work within our small and friendly team to support the Financial Controller in ensuring the efficient operation of the hotel accounts department.
Accounts Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Reconcile and Audit the daily business
- Reconcile and Audit the daily banking
- Using the automated accounts system, you will be responsible for approved expenditure matching invoices received from suppliers and balancing to the statements
- Check and review stock takes and compile reports for external stock takersAssist with reporting of in-house expenditure and recording allowances and costs.
- Recording payments of deposit and gift certificates
- Supply duplicate invoices to guests/clients
- Deal with telephone and email enquiries from suppliers and guests
- Support the team in end of month duties
Accounts Assistant Attributes/Experience:
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a similar environment.
- Be highly organised and self-motivated.
- Attention to detail and good time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Have proficient knowledge of IT systems and excellent numeracy skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to interact with colleagues and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded and unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.