Head of IT Infrastructure and Security - Barbican, London
Our purpose is a clear one – we want to inspire people to live an active life. It isn’t about who can lift the heaviest weights, or who can run the fastest. It is about celebrating every win, no matter how small. Personal bests remain just that. Personal.
We know that being personal is what makes Virgin Active great, and our people live for delivering remarkable exercise experiences throughout our club. Each team member at Virgin Active contributes to those wins, from giving expert advice to welcoming service, top tier equipment to spotless gym floors.
A key player in our team is the Head of IT Infrastructure and Security, and we are looking for an expert to lead a team of experienced Technology and Security Analysts delivering our technology and Data strategy.
The Head of IT Infrastructure and Security will:
- Define and live the strategy and roadmap for the IT Infrastructure and Security team to deliver an outstanding secure service to the business.
- Take ownership of the comprehensive portfolio of communication, collaboration, productivity and security products.
- Work with the DPO and third-party suppliers to ensure that data is transferred appropriately and retained/destroyed in line with requirements and legal requirements.
- Collaborate closely with the Service Delivery and Application teams to ensure escalated incidents and requests are resolved meeting SLA.
- Ensure environments are secure against cyber security risk and vulnerabilities.
- Be responsible for the technical IT Risk Register, highlighting key IT risks present within the business and planning and delivering mitigations.
- Act as an escalation point for Major incidents, Cyber incidents and Problems.
- Maintain a cyber security maturity against agreed business risk appetite.
- Deliver a cyber security incident response and conduct investigations into actual breaches to ensure remedial actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Conceive, design, implement and sustain enterprise technology solutions; adapt and iterate to ensure a seamless experience.
- Ensure IT Infrastructure and Systems are regularly patched and protected against known threats and attacks and react to emerging threats to minimise any risk of comprise of the IT environment.
So what qualities does a Head of IT Infrastructure and Security need to join Virgin Active?
- You have experience in a Senior IT leadership role in a similar sized organisation in related areas.
- You have excellent corporate experience of infrastructure and network, cloud technologies (Azure), comms, service management, Wi-Fi, cyber security and business dependant applications.
- You have experience in being an escalation point and owning and handling escalations in the event of major incidents.
- You can engage stakeholders to co-create and design the IT deliverables for business projects, with defined service levels.
- You have provided IT Infrastructure architecture and design expertise as a technical authority.
- You can provide IT and Cyber Security expertise and lead the technical team in the hardening of the security posture informed by best practices and threat intelligence.
- You champion user centred design in implementing Infrastructure technologies to reduce customer and staff effort in improving customer and staff engagement and experience.
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing
So, you know what the job is and what we would expect from you. Here are some of the perks we offer in return:
- 15% yearly bonus potential. Just like everything else, our bonuses are achieved as a team
- Scottish Widows pension, with our contributions at 5%
- 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays.
- A complimentary Virgin Active membership for you and a friend. Exercise is more fun when you are with your mates! You can also get a free membership for a child too, taking advantage of our Club V (which can sometimes seem more fun than the gym floor. Ball pit for one please!)
- BUPA dental insurance, accessing dental experts whenever you need
- Vitality health insurance (as well as insurance for your partner). Vitality offer a range of exclusive discounts too!
- Life Assurance at 4 times your annual salary, though this is one benefit we hope you won't need.
- A ton of discounts across the Virgin Group, from Virgin Media to Virgin Atlantic.
- We know financial fitness is just as important as physical, so we offer access to Salary Finance. They can support you with loans and savings plans, as well as help you become a personal finance expert.
- Mental health is a cornerstone of wellbeing. Our BUPA employer assistance programme is there when you need a helping hand with 4 free counselling sessions
- Access to ePoints, offering loads of online discounts to retailers such as Amazon, ASOS and Gym Shark
- The opportunity to be a Mental Health First Aider, as well as meet one if you need. Work in Membership but want to learn how to be a Yoga pro? You can get discounts on our Academy courses, trained by our industry experts
- The chance at attending our annual Star Awards event, celebrating our people who inspire all year round. It is a BIG event.
Virgin Active are the experts in delivering inspiring exercise experiences. This is because we are filled to the brim with diverse experience and diverse people. We believe that you can truly be yourself at Virgin Active, and love all of the things that make us unique. We actively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.