Room Attendant - - Birmingham Job Number
Housekeeping & LaundryLocation
Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Maxstoke Lane, Birmingham, WARWICKSHIRE, United Kingdom Schedule
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Housekeeping team as a Room Attendant at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred but not essential
Skills and Knowledge
- Good Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Knowledge of wash formulas and equipment operation and capabilities
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Ability to achieve optimum productivity and operational efficiency
- Strong organization skills
Education or Certification
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Follow and comply with the CleanMatters Housekeeping Training Program, utilise the detailed processes, tools and resources to ensure guests feel welcome and experience an inviting hotel that holds the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Be aware of hotel's layout and facilities.
- Ensure all bedrooms correspond with lists given, reporting any discrepancies immediately to the Housekeeping Lead.
- Collect any laundry and deliver to linen room.
- Remove all trays out of rooms.
- Open all windows in all rooms.
- Place all dirty linen skips provided.
- Collect clean linen as and when required.
- Identify reject linen and store this separately to return to the linen room.
- Service and sanitise one room at a time to the highest standard and in accordance with the Marriott room specification, as required.
- Carry out the 'Job of the day' to the highest standard.
- Use chemicals in line with COSH training
- Hoover and dust corridors, clean fire doors and brasses, as required.
- Hand immediately any lost property to the Lead Housekeeper, noting time, place and date.
- Report all maintenance faults to Head or Lead Housekeeper.
- Complete any mistakes passed on by the Lead Housekeeper, handing back in at the end of the shift.
- Carry out daily Laundry shift operations, when required, and ensure compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures stock of linen pars.
- Move linen around the hotel as required.
- Ensure all public areas correspond with lists given, reporting any discrepancies immediately.
- Hoover and dust function / meeting rooms
- Cleaning of public toilet areas and replenish toiletries as required, including leisure club if required.
- Fully understand all fire and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Observe Company and Statutory Health and Safety Regulations.
- Always keeps uniform smart and clean.
- Attend Departmental meetings, participating when appropriate.
- Attend any training sessions as identified or requested by your Lead Housekeeper.
- To be fully trained and to understand COSHH/Health and Safety.
- Adhere to all Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and Controls.
- Aware of energy conservation efforts and follow Company procedures.
- Understand and comply with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Use the appropriate PPE equipment as per most current Marriott UK guidelines
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Flexible & trained to work in guest bedrooms, public areas including Leisure and Golf, back of house areas including Associate restrooms, locker rooms, canteen and offices and linen room.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than your contracted hours.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment.