Personal Trainer - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
From £11.50 up to £27.50 per 45 minutes (with potential bonus Incremental session earner, up to equivalent of £45 per hour)
Our purpose is a clear one – we want to inspire people to live an active life. It isn’t about who can lift the heaviest weights, or who can run the fastest. It is about celebrating every win, no matter how small. Personal bests remain just that. Personal.
We know that being personal is what makes Virgin Active great, and our people live for delivering remarkable exercise experiences throughout our club. Each team member at Virgin Active contributes to those wins, from giving expert advice to welcoming service, top tier equipment to spotless gym floors.
Key players in this are the fitness team – and we are looking for go-getting Personal Trainers to join them.
As a Virgin Active Personal Trainer we offer continued professional development through our industry leading internal Academy and won’t charge you rent, instead, you will have all the benefits of being an employed Virgin Active Team Member.
We understand, building your business takes time and so we will support you in the first 12 week’s with 110 paid hours of work and development including workshops with industry leaders and influencers, get to know the ins and outs of the product and build your business skills as part of the PT Academy. You also get large discounts on CPD courses through close partnerships with industry leaders. Most importantly, you will start to build your client base.
Once you have started on your journey with us, we will offer career progression, through our different levels of personal training, through to our industry leading Icon Trainer. Depending on your experience, will depend what level you start with us and the higher your level the greater your pay rate for our 45 minute sessions.
Personal Training is what you make of it at Virgin Active. Your earnings are uncapped – the more sessions you deliver, the more you can earn. We’ll be with you every rep of the way.
We will also offer you the chance to deliver Group Exercise sessions.
Virgin Active are the experts in delivering inspiring exercise experiences. This is because we are filled to the brim with diverse experience and diverse people. We believe that you can truly be yourself at Virgin Active, and love all of the things that make us unique. We actively encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
So what qualities does a Personal Trainer need to join Virgin Active?
- So what qualities does a Personal Trainer need to join Virgin Active?
- You will need at least a REPS Level 3 or CIMPSPA equivalent qualification, by applying for this role, you’re agreeing you have this
- You adore providing clients with incredible exercise experiences that get results and inspiring them to live active lives
- You excel at creating unique and engaging sessions, tailored to your clients’ goals and ways of training
- You love talking about the benefits of personal training and how it can impact a person’s life
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing
So, you know what the job is and what we would expect from you. Here are some of the perks we offer in return:
- The People’s Pension, with our contributions at 3%
- 30 days holiday, including bank holidays.
- A complimentary Virgin Active membership for you and a friend. Exercise is more fun when you are with your mates! You can also get a free membership for a child too, taking advantage of our Club V (which can sometimes seem more fun than the gym floor. Ball pit for one please!)
- A ton of discounts across the Virgin Group, from Virgin Media to Virgin Atlantic. We can't wait for the Virgin Galactic discount! *
- We know financial fitness is just as important as physical, so we offer access to Salary Finance. They can support you with loans and savings plans, as well as help you become a personal finance expert.
- Mental health is a cornerstone of wellbeing. Our BUPA employer assistance programme is there when you need a helping hand with 4 free counselling sessions
- Access to ePoints, offering loads of online discounts to retailers such as Amazon, ASOS and Gym Shark
- The opportunity to be a Mental Health First Aider, as well as meet one if you need. We are working with Mental Health First Aid England to get as many of our team trained to support positive Mental Health
- Work in Membership but want to learn how to be a Yoga pro? You can get discounts on our Academy courses, trained by our industry experts
- There are so many careers paths - varied opportunities for growth and advancement many of our people have carved out for themselves, owing to their hard work and ability to dream big!
- The opportunity to join one of our Inclusion streams, guiding the way to help Virgin Active become more inclusive, diverse and equitable
- The chance at attending our annual Star Awards event, celebrating our people who inspire all year round. It is a BIG event.
* We are looking hopefully into the cosmos for this one, but we know it will be a while longer yet