Senior Supervisor (Food & Beverage / Banqueting) - Roehampton, London
Reporting to: Senior Assistant Manager (Food & Beverage)
Full Time Contract - 40 hours per week which will include evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays
Salary: circa £30,000
Reporting to the Senior Assistant Manager (Food & Beverage) you will assist with the catering operation on a day-to-day basis by supervising the F&B delivery & set-ups of events.
- Supervise the F&B delivery for events including all set-ups and break down
- Assist with the co-ordination of daily restaurant bookings.
- Co-ordination & management of the Sunday Carveries to included production of table plan and management on the day.
- Oversee events in the Bar including monthly Music Nights and Wednesday Club Nights
- Meet & greet for external meetings to run through H&S, fire plan, contacts etc
- Assist with recruitment, induction, and training of the Food & Beverage team.
- Help to ensure that the highest standards of care to Members are provided by improving and maintaining standards of Food & Beverage service throughout the Club.
- Assist with the control of the Food & Beverage departments costs with responsibility for managing spending and developing revenue streams.
- Assist with the development and innovation of catering offers throughout the Club to meet the needs and demands of the membership and guests.
- Help to ensure the Club always meets H&S and Food Safety Management requirements.
- Plan departmental rotas in conjunction with the Bar Manager to ensure all events are staffed to the agreed SOP, this also includes monitoring and controlling hours and overtime expenditure for staff.
- Booking of casual & agency staff when required.
- Management of banqueting stock and equipment.
- Management of the AV function for all events.
- Ability to use own initiative and manage work schedule.
- Ensure consistent high levels of customer service including respecting members, guests & external customers.
- Attend weekly function sheet meetings or send a deputy if unavailable.
- Ensuring efficient delivery of any other tasks reasonably requested by the Senior Assistant Manager (Food & Beverage), Operations Manager (Food & Beverage, Events) or other Club Senior Managers.
Whilst full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Varied experience at supervisor level, in similar high profile, high turnover sites.
- Experience of managing all aspects of staff; including permanent, casual, and seasonal staff contracts
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the factors affecting commercial performance and results together with experience of a broad range of commercial F&B products and service
- Understanding of stock control and EPOS systems.
- Understanding of P&L management and control.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written. Can deal with complaints where appropriate and refer these to Senior Managers when necessary.
- Calm under pressure and a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
Desirable but not essential
- The relevant catering qualifications. i.e., HND/Degree or equivalent in hospitality and catering management
- Intermediate food and hygiene qualifications and Level 3 food safety and able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of both Health & Safety and food hygiene.
The above job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry other tasks, as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
Must live with in commutable distance of SW15