cloudM Rooftop Bar Manager - London
As the cloudM manager you are responsible for our rooftop bar operation. Naturally you are an excellent ambassador yourself, enthusiastic, optimistic and treating everyone with respect. You work together with your team guiding, coaching, and inspiring them to deliver exceptional service, while optimizing revenue opportunities and controlling costs; while delivering the best possible guest experience. You will work closely with the food and beverage area manager to support the execution for food and beverage in citizenM and more specifically the cloudM rooftop bar. You will support the hotel manager and hotel team on the day to day execution of the F&B strategy such as maintaining bar procedures, service standards, monitor trends, crowd control, identify training needs for the team, provide support on the floor in all positions and maintain citizenM’s Food Safety Policy and quality, to name a few.
- lead, encourage, and inspire Ambassadors in order to support the operational procedures of citizenM;
- ensure a sound understanding of citizenM brand values;
- coach and train ambassadors, develop and nurture talent, provide feedback and monthly evaluations;
- demonstrate excellent problem analysis skills and decision making;
- create shift schedules, ensure adequate cover at all times, and assign daily tasks;
- be responsible for your own personal planning and work organization;
- ensure a working understanding of legislation that governs the operation of a hotel and its activities; including employment law, health and safety, food safety, alcohol licensing, first aid and fire safety.
Ensure guest satisfaction
- welcome our guests and guarantee ideal guest experience throughout the rooftop.
- maintain the environment to ensure a clean and comfortable experience;
- handle reservations and process administrative matters
- work with our Hotel Management System;
- manage events where applicable.
Food & Beverage
- Provide strong support behind the bar, from cocktail knowledge to batching schedule, maintaining recipes, managing guest’s orders and optimize guest flow.
- Provide support to the team on the rooftop from managing reservations for the night, to making sure the space is cleaned and all guests are tended to.
- work with the Point of Sale system; able to perform inventory and ordering.
- demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and guarantee quality;
- manage daily f&b revenue targets and drive commitment to monthly results.
Maximize revenue opportunities
- seek opportunities to generate revenue while providing added value to our guests;
- coordinate with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure the guest spaces are in top condition;
- report daily hotel revenue and be responsible for the handling of cash.
- manage the purchasing of all food and beverage items and hotel operating equipment;
- manage stock in line with fluctuating levels of business, minimizing waste;
- ensure the respect for the property in which you work.
- are fluent in English
- can multi-task
- do not need specific hotel experience but need to have 2 years or more managerial / coaching experience
- do have experience in bars, rooftops or restaurants as lead bartender, or (assistant ) bar manager
- are a team player
- love to meet and greet different people
- are passionate about F&B
- can make a mean cocktail
- offer you a mobile job, never dull or standard
- offer you a special training program and a personal development plan
- reward you for good performance
- give you an exclusive citizenM outfit
- Full time
- Mostly afternoon and evening shifts, with possibility to do night shifts and morning shifts occasionally
If you are passionate about growing your talents, supporting others to become the best version of themselves and just create genuine connections with like-minded people, we are the right place for you.
citizenM loves diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.