Catering Assistant - Condover Hall, Shropshire
We are looking for both full-time and part-time Catering Assistants to join our vibrant team at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall which is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. This is a seasonal vacancy to start in February 2022 until mid-November 2022 with the option to return for the 2023 season.
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Assistant you will work to support the chefs and kitchen team in our busy onsite canteen. Some of your duties will include:
- Serving meals to both our guests and staff
- Keeping the kitchen and restaurant area clean, including cleaning trays, changing bins sweeping and mopping the floor
- Basic food preparation e.g., setting up cereals, salad bar and drinks
- Ensuring health and safety and cleanliness regulations are met
- Assist with unpacking of deliveries
- Ensuring food is stored correctly and rotated in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Decorating the restaurant area for themed nights
- Being aware of the daily menu and different dietary requirements
- At particularly busy times, you may be asked to support in other departments such as Housekeeping.
What we’re looking for:
- An interest in the catering and/ or hospitality industries
- A team player
- Enjoys working in a sociable and fast-paced working environment
- Hard-working with a genuine desire to make our guests happy
- Shows initiative and happy to try new things
- Previous experience working in a kitchen, restaurant or food-based environment is desirable but not essential.
Our motto at JCA is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
The extra bits…
- Seasonal position from February 2022 to November 2022
- This role is paid at £10 per hour!
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- A local, daily mini-bus service is available for pick-ups and drop-offs between Shrewsbury Train Station and Condover Hall
- Live-in accommodation and meals can be provided if you don’t live locally!
- This role is to start as soon as possible with a contract end date of mid-November
- Full-time and part-time contracts available
- The role will involve working occasional weekends
- Full training will be provided including Health and safety, safeguarding and Covid measures
- Role progression and the chance to return for the next season
- Further seasonal opportunities in the UK and abroad with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA