Maintenance Manager - Condover Hall, Shropshire
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Maintenance Manager to support our operation at Condover Hall Activity Centre. You will be working for JCA, one of the leading UK companies for school and family activity holidays.
Condover Hall is a Grade I listed building and both the main house and vast grounds take a lot of care and attention. As a Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for offering advice, expertise and hands on practical assistance in maintaining the property and grounds, whilst ensuring we are adhering to the required health and safety/compliance standards.
What you will be doing:
- Managing a team of maintenance staff, offering advice and practical assistance when needed. (Including basic level training)
- Carrying out general maintenance and repairs
- Overseeing any projects carried out by 3rd parties and ensure timelines/expectations are met
- Developing the year-round proactive management programme
- Managing the reactive maintenance budget in line with centre manager expectations
- Managing the onsite CMMS (computerised maintenance management system) to ensure we remain complaint with current legislation
- Facilitating scheduled inspections from 3rd parties in relation to the facilities and actioning any follow-up requirements
- Reporting to the Centre Manager and updating them regarding ongoing projects and required works.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong maintenance background, formal qualifications aren’t essential but a bonus!
- Experience in a similar setting such as a school or activity centre is a bonus but not essential
- An awareness of the main health and safety requirements of operating residential buildings
- Comfortable working on a computer system
- An ability to confidently manage your own time and the time and schedules of your team
- Line management experience
- Comfortable with reporting to and liaising with senior management.
- Responsible and conscientious outlook in regards to health and safety details
- Full driving licence is a bonus but not essential
The extra bits…
- Final salary to be confirmed at interview based on previous experience, starting at £23,000
- Permanent, full-time position to start as soon as possible
- The role is to be based at JCA’s flagship activity centre, Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
- You must be able to make your own way to Condover Hall as accommodation is not provided as standard
- The role will involve working occasional weekends and evenings
- Full training will be provided including Health and safety and safeguarding