Assistant Manager - Clapham, London
Jetts Fitness is on the hunt for a passionate, highly motivated, energetic, and genuine Assistant Manager that wants to use their passion for health and fitness to promote the growth and culture of our members and club.
The Perks of working for JETTS:
Diverse and fun environment, we will support, train, and develop you. Work in a fun & diverse environment with opportunities for growth in the business and free 24/7 gym membership.
What is the Jetts culture?
We are driven to become the World’s Most Loved Gym. Jetts is a fast moving, health, and fitness company, so we are full of energy, ambition and have a relentless focus on high standards and performance. If you want to accelerate your development and have opportunities to really grow and have access to some of the leading business practices in the industry then Jetts is the place to be.
What is the focus of the role?
Main objective: Support General Manager and the club in day-to-day operations and sales & member retention.
Other core objectives include:
- High self-motivation and drive needed daily
- A pro-active attitude and an understanding of the required activity levels needed to exceed sales targets every month
- Book tours and appointments to showcase the club
- Continuing to grow the Outreach Programme and Corporate Client Base
- Do daily lead generation in the community
- Socialising with members as a part of member retention and dealing with member queries/complaints where appropriate
- Promote and sell memberships within your club
- Support our trainers with the GM in building a sustainable client base
- Generate prospects by building relationships inside and outside of the club
- Assist in managing the social media pages making them engaging and exciting – daily stories and posts
- Ensure you have in-depth product knowledge & understanding of the benefits of exercise
- Great communication & organisational skills and experience in a customer facing environment
- Start/End a shift accordingly.
- Taking prospects on club tours and converting to members.
- Complete the days assigned phone calls.
- Look after members.
- To spend a min of 8 hours per week focussing on outreach. This may include leaving the club to build relationships with local businesses that will result in lead generation.
- Following up on ALL leads
- Implement ideas for member retention and lead generation with the support of your staff.
- Maintain cleanliness of the club and clean when needed.
- Report to General Manager as required.
Ideally you will have:
- A passion for health & fitness with 1 – 2 years minimum experience including sales
- Experience of working to KPI’s and targets
- A welcoming and bubbly personality
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience conducting group exercise classes
- You are comfortable approaching strangers
- Positive and engaging personality
- A focus on friendly customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative
- Time Management Skills
This role would suit a Fitness Duty Manager or Fitness Sales Manager looking to develop/further their career.