Regional Manager - Yorkshire
If you’re looking for an incredibly rewarding way to apply your experience working with young people in a leadership role, in an out of school setting, which will pay you to keep active and have fun, we have an amazing role for you!
Kings Camps run sports and activity day camps for children throughout the February, Easter, May, Summer and October school holidays that deliver our mission – getting children active, having fun and learning together.
We know market-leading programmes don’t deliver themselves - it’s our people who create amazing holiday experiences for children - and we’re now hiring energetic and passionate Regional Managers to help deliver our mission in 2022.
Why work for Kings Camps?
- Earn up to £550 per week with expenses
- Opportunity to implement high standards in children’s care and wellbeing
- Gain a funded paediatric first aid qualification, Enhanced DBS certificate and our unique Regional Manager uniform
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings (we always promote from within!)
- Develop young people in leadership, communication, coaching and working safely with children
- Deliver market-leading activity programmes with a great range of sports and activities
- Excellent locations – some of the best universities and schools in the UK!
- Opportunity to qualify in our market-leading training
- Help make a difference in the lives of children from all backgrounds.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Operations, Regional Managers are the link between Head Office personnel and Camp teams across a specified region. You’ll be out visiting between 6 to 10 sites across the season, at least twice a week, applying your experience and ideas to help others develop.
You’ll be the first point of contact for troubleshooting, resolving staff availability issues, responding swiftly to incidents, and providing advice relating to safeguarding, health and safety and behaviour management.
Before camp, you’ll ensure Managers start building relationships with their venue and staff team, you’ll attend and support at weekend induction training days, as well as ensuring all reports are submitted.
Throughout the season, you’ll be speaking with Managers on a regular basis, working through member feedback and giving advice or actions. You’ll also evaluate how Managers are doing and give constructive feedback to the whole team as part of your Regional Manager audit.
We’re looking for high energy Regional Managers across 6 Regions:
Each region oversees 6-10 Kings Camp provisions each holiday
Easter holidays (1 to 2 weeks)
Summer holidays (3 to 6 weeks)
- At least 2 years’ sports coaching experience and worked at least two seasons of a children’s activity holiday programmes
- Passionate about sport and child development
- UK driving licence, access to a reliable vehicle and a willingness to travel
- Knowledge and experience of Child Protection, Safeguarding and Health and Safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate
- Management or Supervision experience with observation and feedback
- Good organisation skills with determination to follow clear procedures, hit targets and deadline
- Qualified to degree level
How to Apply
Apply now (why wait until tomorrow?!) Email us with an up to date CV, 3 facts about yourself and your ideal role and location by clicking 'Apply'
Our Safeguarding Promise
The Kings Active Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding, always creating an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive.
About The Kings Active Foundation
Kings Camps is part of The Kings Active Foundation, a UK registered charity
Charity number: 1105460/SC043119
Charity Address: Osborne House, 47 Snaithing Lane, Sheffield, S10 3LF