Assistant Chateau Manager - Northern France
Join us this season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word! You will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills, make memories which will last a lifetime and even practice your ‘Bonjour’ and ‘Au Revoir’ if you’d like to!
The low down…
Our Assistant Chateau Manager is at the heart of our Chateau. You will be one of the first faces our guests see when they arrive at Chateau du Molay – So a big smile and friendly manner is essential!
You will interact with our guests through all stages of their stay – checking in, building connections over mealtimes, answering questions and dealing with any issues that may arise.
You will also oversee our wonderful team of Chateau staff and ensure they remain motivated throughout the season. You will help to ensure that each department is running smoothly as well as adhering to French work regulations. You will be the driving force behind us successfully delivering an unforgettable experience for our guests and be happy to help with any queries or issues.
We also don’t want to forget our staff! We believe happy staff make for happy guests. A large part of your role will be coming up with incentives and social events for the staff.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What are we looking for?
- A customer comes first attitude to working
- Responsible and reliable
- Hard working and not afraid to roll your sleeves up and muck in
- A real team motivator
- Able to be on top of your game from dusk till dawn
- Previous experience in managing a team is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive seasonal salary paid in Euros
- Eligible for the Travelopia 2022 bonus scheme!
- On-site accommodation
- Free meals – even on your 2 days off each week!
- Access to on-site facilities including: staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Management training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future season (who knows, you might be the next Grande Fromage!)
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from March 2022 to July 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of a valid EU passport or documentation for eligibility to work in France e.g. Carte de sejour
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, Travelbound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly