Lifeguards/Leisure Attendant - Full Training Provided - Sevenoaks/Edenbridge, Kent
Edenbridge & Sevenoaks Leisure Centre
Part-time minimum 8 hours per week up-to £9.50 per hour
Full-Time positions 39 hours per week up-to £19,318.00
Do you want to gain invaluable life skills and work experience that could be the start to a great career in leisure? If so consider joining us at either our Edenbridge or Sevenoaks Leisure Centre. We are looking for candidates who can commit to working a minimum of 8 hours per week. The full-time working week will require a commitment to work 39 hours per week and will include working early mornings, evenings and weekends.
We consider our Leisure Attendants to have one of the most important jobs helping to ensure the safety of our customers in the swimming pools and building.
Your other key duties will include:
- Ensure equipment is set up for the daily programmed activities
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the Centre
- Assisting with hosting birthday parties held at the centre (once resumed)
- Ensure safety at all times by taking action to prevent accidents or incidents
- Attend regular training sessions to maintain competency
We can offer great training opportunities that could see you becoming a Qualified Swimming Teacher and Fitness Instructor by you enrolling onto a Leisure Team Member apprenticeship (subject to availability), plus development programmes that can lead to management positions.
You will need to be a strong swimmer and ideally have the National Pool Life guarding Qualification (NPLQ) however we will provide funded training for the right candidates. Please note that you may be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
You must also be able to demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- A full commitment to customer care
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible and able to work unsociable hours
- IT literate
In return for your commitment to providing an excellent service to our customers, we can offer you:
- Free membership to our leisure centre
- Discounted membership to our Golf Course
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement including Long Service Leave
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Staff training & development packages
- Eye care scheme
- Career Average contributory pension scheme
- Friendly atmosphere
Sencio Community Leisure is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.