Supervisor (Food & Beverage / Banqueting) - Roehampton, London
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor (Food & Beverage / Banqueting)
Full Time Contract - 40 hours per week which will include evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor (F&B/banqueting) you will assist with the catering operation on a day to day basis and manage the banqueting & set up of events.
- Supervise the banqueting operation of events, overseeing set ups and dealing with agency staff
- Assist with the service delivery in the food & beverage areas.
- Co-ordinate daily restaurant bookings.
- Assist with recruitment, induction, and training of the Food & Beverage team.
- Help to ensure that the highest standards of care to Members are provided by improving and maintaining standards of Food & Beverage service throughout the Club.
- Assist with the control of the Food & Beverage departments costs with responsibility for managing spending and developing revenue streams.
- Assist with the development and innovation of catering offers throughout the Club to meet the needs and demands of the membership and guests.
- Help to ensure the Club always meets H&S and Food Safety Management requirements.
- Oversee the implementation & management of banqueting stock and equipment
- Ensuring efficient delivery of any other tasks reasonably requested by the Senior Assistant Manager (Food & Beverage), Operations Manager (Food & Beverage, Events) or other Club senior managers.
Whilst full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Varied experience at supervisor level, in similar high profile, high turnover sites.
- Experience of managing all aspects of staff; including permanent, casual, and seasonal staff contracts
- Exceptional customer care skills including respecting internal and external customers.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the factors affecting commercial performance and results together with experience of a broad range of commercial F&B products and service
- Understanding of stock control and EPOS systems.
- Understanding of P&L management and control and IT skills
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written. Can deal with complaints where appropriate and refer these to senior managers when necessary.
- Calm under pressure and a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage a catering team.
Desirable but not essential
- The relevant catering qualifications. i.e., HND/Degree or equivalent in hospitality and catering management
- Intermediate food and hygiene qualifications and Level 3 food safety and able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of both Health & Safety and food hygiene.
The above job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry other tasks, as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
Must live within easy commute of London SW15.