Sous Chef - Church Stretton, Shropshire
Location: Longmynd House, Cunnery Road, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 6AG
Contract: Permanent – 48 hours per week
Salary: £25,350 - £27,350
Maximum 110 covers | 9pm Finishes | Pre orders each evening
To order, prepare, cook and serve all consumable items as required by the Head Chef whilst complying with HF Holidays policies on quality, quantity, food hygiene and portion control in line with budgets.
- To work with fresh ingredients to create simple, tasty yet imaginative dishes and provide solid support to the Head Chef.
- Responsibility of managing the kitchen area in the Head Chefs absence, including the implementation of our health and safety policy and the supervision and development of staff.
- Maintaining the standard and style of cooking set by the Head Chef.
- Ordering from external suppliers.
- Stock Take duties.
- To be aware of and comply with the Society’s policy on the Health & Safety at Work, The Food Safety (including Allergen Legislation), The Food and Hygiene Regulations and The Fire Regulations.
- To engage and interact with guests in a way that promotes a warm and friendly atmosphere within the Country House Hotel.
- Experience in a similar role is essential.
- A genuine passion and interest for food and cooking with fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Experience at supervisory level in busy professional kitchens is also essential as well as a mature approach to food preparation and the business.
- Competitive salary, plus equal share of tips paid monthly
- Pension contributions with Aviva
- Comprehensive medical benefits package with MediCash
- Annual familiarization visit at any of our country houses for you and your family (after 3 months)
- Free on-site car parking
- Free Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays accrued weekly, rising to 33 days after two years (pro rata for part time contract)
- One paid day each year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Exclusive discounts at several outdoors equipment stores
- Exclusive discounts on our holidays throughout the world for you, your friends & family (Subject to availability)
- Free professional training and development courses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Live in accommodation available which includes ALL bills, 3 meals each day, Free laundry and Wi-Fi (Starting from £190 per month)
About the company:
Here at HF Holidays, we have over 100 years’ experience organising outdoor holidays. We specialise in offering a fantastic range of Walking and Leisure Activities holidays to over 70 destinations all over the world.
We currently employ a team of over 500, who work in our two main offices in Borehamwood and Penrith and across our 17 country houses around the UK, all in National Parks or areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
We have a firm belief in what we do and our Mission is ‘To provide a shared holiday experience, which inspire friendship, fun and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors’
This Mission supports our unique and special culture and our company values - Trusted, Collaborative, Exceptional Experiences, Ownership, Inspiring, Passionate and Fun.