Chef de Partie - Manchester, Greater Manchester
Are you ready to take your chef career to the next level?
Then look no further!
We are actively recruiting for a Chef de Partie to join our James Martin restaurant. This is truly your time to shine and showcase your skills and experience.
This smart-casual dining restaurant with an electric atmosphere makes James Martin Restaurant a smart career move. As part of the new and innovative Metropolitan Gaming group, we are committed to supporting every team member to fulfil their potential and ambitions.
You will also work alongside the James Martin team and receive some invaluable skill training and development. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Not only will you learn and receive invaluable training, but we also provide our team members with many lucrative benefits and an open cultured working environment. A workplace you will enjoy coming to everyday.
We offer lucrative employee benefits; some are a taste of what we offer:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Extensive employee HUB offering discounts from travel, retail, hospitality to health and well-being
- Regular training and development
- Employee health and well-being services
- Refer a friend incentive (Paid into your employee hub account)
- 50% off food and drinks in all our UK venues
- Financial advice services
- Holiday accrual with length of service
Still interested? Then keep on reading!
What we're looking for…
- Pro-active attitude with the ability to work unsupervised
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen, running your own section effectively
- Ability to motivate junior team members
- Qualification in Food Safety
- Knowledge of Company Health & Safety and Hygiene procedures
- Good communication skills with peers, superiors and other departments
- Able to communicate in clear and concise English
- Organised and methodical
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Report for duty suitably dressed in clean chef uniform
- Punctuality is always kept
- Prepare and produce fresh produce to the highest standard and specifications given by Senior Kitchen team
- Manage the kitchen when you are the most senior person on shift
- Liaise with the Head Chef to obtain a supply of stocks and stores according to menu requirements
- Check stock rotation and proper storage of cooked and uncooked food
- Run a section effectively, keeping your section always tidy and clean
- Adhere strictly to the food hygiene regulation
- Adhere strictly to the Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure that all mis en place is kept tidy, fresh and properly stocked as required
- Fill in any position required by Head Chef and Executive Chef
- Check, prepare and supervise preparation of food, to the highest standards set by the company
- Motivate and train junior staff members while on the job
- Report any fault of equipment immediately to the Head Chef
- Ensure complete confidentiality relating to all matters concerning the Company
- Lead by example in relation to displaying the four key behaviours of the Customer Service model.
- Ensure that all areas of the kitchen are maintained to a high standard at all times and ensure any maintenance requirements are reported and promptly actioned.