General Assistant - Preston
In our world the passion and ambition of our people have kept us moving. Their passion for fitness is second to none, their knowledge and service levels hook the customer, their drive and ambition to be the best is unrivalled.
Location - Bury St Edmunds
- To achieve impeccable levels of cleanliness throughout the whole club, with a specific focus on the area's which can become heavily soiled and outside of acceptable standards, caused through high levels of usage.
- Particular attention should be given to the changing rooms, showers and all wet areas.
- To carry out daily cleaning duties set out by the full management team or key holders
Need to Act:
- With energy and drive to perform tasks quickly and effectively
- With initiative, identifying things that require cleaning immediately, without necessarily having to be tasked by a manager In a respectful manner, considering the members and guests around you
- Responsibly and safely when performing all tasks by using the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).With care and consideration by using necessary signage and equipment when performing duties with machinery i.e. Wet floor sign when appropriate, and trailing cables sign when hoovering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deep clean all areas of the club as requested by the club management.
- Deep clean to a standard whereby only hygiene maintenance is required once your task has been completed.
- Daily deep cleaning of the showers and the wet area facilities to an impeccable standard, including the sauna, spa's and steam room
- Work responsibly to ensure personal and member safety by following health and safety and COSHH guidelines.
Need to be:
- Hard working and reliable
- Proactive and adaptable to prioritise key tasks
- Personable and approachable to members
- Willing and able to work the shifts required to suit the needs of the business
- Willing to take on extra hours to cover holidays/staff shortages
- Well organised to conduct/manage multiple tasks throughout the day.
- Understanding of which chemicals are to be used for each task (full training will be given).
- Understanding of COSHH (full training will be given)
- Familiar with safety data sheets and risk assessments for chemicals, equipment and machinery
This is a part time role of 20 hours per week including occasional weekends