French Speaking Bar Person - France - Winter 2022/23
A winter season with Skibound is like no other. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 3 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
What will I be doing as a French Speaking Bar Person?
This role is based in Les Menuires which is a lively resort within the 3 valleys region of the French Alps. Skibound run a unique operation in Les Menuires – As well as running our Skilt clubhotel for our school guests, a lively terrace bar and restaurant is attached to the clubhotel which is open to all holiday makers and ski staff in the resort!
Les Menuires welcomes guests from all around the world but has a high population of native-French speakers visiting throughout the winter season – So, as the name suggests, French speaking is a vital element of this role! You’ll be confident in both French and English to welcome guests and show them to their table, take their food and drink order, answer any questions they might have about the menu and deal with any problems that might arise.
When you’re not delivering fantastic customer service to our guests, your rota will consist of snow clearing from the terrace, putting away deliveries, cleaning the bar and restaurant, making drinks at the bar and anything else that’s needed to make sure the service runs smoothly!
From a mid-morning hot chocolate and alpine lunch to live music in the evening and piste-side position in resort, our Skilt property has it all! This role isn’t for the faint-hearted as it’s fast-paced service from dawn to dusk but both the job role and resort are an absolute favourite with our Skibound teams!
Our motto at Skibound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience will I need to be a French Speaking Bar Person?
- As the name suggests, a good level of spoken French is essential… and it really must be much more than just a Bonjour!
- Previous bar or restaurant experience
- Previous customer facing work preferably in a hospitality setting
- Cash and card handling experience in a busy environment
- Enjoys working within a large team – but can show initiative and work independently if needed!
- Confident in juggling multiple tasks and knowing when to prioritise
What can Skibound offer me as a French Speaking Bar Person this winter?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for winter 22/23
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Skibound ski equipment hire
- The option to opt into a seasonnaire pack which includes on-site shared accommodation (or an individual room based on your job role) and lift pass
- Support with travel arrangements to and from resort
- Access to Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- French social security insurance
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from mid-November 2022 to April 2023
- You must be 18 or over by December 2022 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa
- Please apply for just ONE Skibound winter job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly